For the Protection of Human Rights & Environmental Defenders and Journalists,
Mexico City, Mexico
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Afghanistan, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
This USAID activity, Por la Protección de Defensores y Periodistas (PDP)/For the Protection of Human Rights & Environmental Defenders and Journalists, will seek to improve the capacity of the Government of Mexico and non-state organizations to prevent and to counter violence and threats against human rights advocates, environmental defenders, and journalists in Mexico. The project will support five target states in Mexico, along with indirect assistance to four additional states, as possible.
**Please note: Only Mexican citizens are eligible for this position
The Senior Accountant will provide operational support to PDP activities to ensure effective financial management, overseeing the Procurement and Grants Officer in conducting transparent procurement and compliant grants management. They will manage the field accounting needs of the project, retain backup documentation, ensure that all entries meet generally recognized accounting standards, and work closely with the home office. This is a full-time, long-term technical assistance (LTTA) position.
- Manage the core financial functions, including but not limited to bank statement generation, preparing transfers between accounts, and managing cash withdrawals/deposits.
- Manage petty cash and prepare fund requests when needed.
- Maintain accounting and financial systems in accordance with U.S. government regulations, Tetra Tech, and MSI policies and regulations.
- Assist home office staff with monthly projections.
- Prepare monthly payroll sheets for field staff.
- Coordinate payroll processes with home office staff.
- Complete monthly financial reconciliations and ensure documents are properly uploaded to the required filesharing sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; A master’s degree is preferred.
- At minimum eight years of experience in financial administration and accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. contract management and financial systems.
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English is required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com