Position Location: Rabat, Morocco
Background: Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions, and stabilization in conflict and post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm currently has field presence in over 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Project Description: Creative Associates International (Creative) is seeking a Senior Arabic Literacy Coordinator for the anticipated USAID-funded Bridge to Middle School Project in Morocco. Based in Rabat, the project will support the Ministry of Education (MOE) in improving students’ ability to master keys skills in the upper primary and middle school grades (junior secondary). The project will: a) improve the ability of teachers to teach critical thinking, literacy, math, and science skills in upper primary grades; b) support the MOE’s ability to provide high quality literacy and instruction in Arabic and English in middle school; and c) support the MOE’s ability to provide high quality science, technology, and math in middle school.
Position Start Date:?Anticipated?March 2022?
- Review existing curriculum materials on Arabic teaching in Morocco and elsewhere.
- Lead and develop Arabic curriculum for upper primary and middle schools.
- Lead and develop Arabic instructional materials and support materials for upper primary and middle schools.
- Support the development and delivery of training material for Arabic teaching in upper primary and middle schools.
- Support the development and use of assessment material for Arabic in upper primary and middle school grades.
- Support the development and implementation of enrichment programs for literacy learning in upper primary and middle schools.
- Assist the project team with the writing and revision of Arabic materials (reports, communication tools, etc.).
- Support teacher training activities and language enrichment programs.
- Participate in the development of multi-media materials for upper primary and middle school Arabic instruction.
- Coordinate with all technical team Junior Officers of the project to establish curriculum development.
- Build the Ministry of Education’s capacity in curriculum development and training activities.
- Develop training and coaching kits to be used to train coaches to coach teachers on the developing of teaching.
- Provide oversight and mentorship to the junior literacy coordinators in order to help develop their technical skills.
- Work in coordination with operations and MEL teams as appropriate to advance project goals and deliverables.
- Participate in project planning meetings such as annual workplan development sessions and contribute to periodic reporting**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree or higher in international development, education, another relevant field, or equivalent in experience.
- At least 10?years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope to this activity is required.
- At least?10?years of experience in Arabic language education, particularly in Arabic literacy methodology, the design and development of Arabic language curricula, teaching materials, and enrichments materials.
- Experience in project designs, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation, education reform and national-level quality improvement
- Demonstrated five (5) years of technical experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans in the education sector and in results-based management
- At least five (5) years of experience in Morocco or another Arabic speaking country is required.??
- Familiarity?with the education sector in Morocco?is preferred
- Prior knowledge of and experience with USAID-funded education programsCountry
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering trainings workshops and capacity building activities
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff
- Demonstrated past representational experience with host governments, other donors and stakeholders and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming
- Fluency in English is preferred but not required.?
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.