The Consultant will
- Develop of a gender sensitive community safety qualitative study including, Interviews, Focus groups, Mapping and an analysis of the situation in terms of community violence in the Martissant and La Saline areas with a focus on gender, youth and the role of women in the community.
- Develop a plan of action
Viva Rio will be at the disposal of the researcher to help in the processes of identification and access to intervention areas and key community actors, in addition to contribute with basic information on issues related to gender and violence.
The research, from its order to the approval of the final report by the project coordination, will last for a maximum of 4 months.
Under the supervision of the program manager, and in close collaboration with our field workers, the consultant will work on the following:
Review of literature and documents on violence, community security, gender, slums in Haiti and Martissant and La Saline in particular
Revue de littérature et de documents sur la violence, la sécurité communautaire, le genre, les bidonvilles en Haïti et Martissant et La Saline en particulier
Analysis of the situation and elaboration of cartography
Preparation of final report with recommendations and a plan of action.
- Doctorate degree in in the field of human sciences, sociology, anthropology, or related field.
- Proven ability to produce empirical research and analysis
- Excellent knowledge of the context for popular neighborhoods in Haiti
- At least 4 years’ experience in the above-mentioned fields.
- As all products will be produced in French, professional French and Creole, both oral and written.
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different cultural backgrounds from the popular neighborhoods in Port-au-Prince
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
How to apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 13 to the following with the subject line: « Genre, violence et sécurité communautaire à Martissant et La Saline »