- Lead work to map and maintain data systems, platforms, dashboards; ownership and governance of COVAX related data, working closely with end-to-end and project management efforts and key stakeholders;
- Promote solutions to support improved data access, use, monitoring and analytics (for example: leading projects on specific platforms, dashboards and/or other mechanisms, with consideration for existing data frameworks in place, as agreed with the Office of the COVAX Facility and the Knowledge Management and Technology Solutions Team (KMTS));
- Act as the main interlocutor with partners on certain data-related topics, including clarifying who owns the data, mapping of data flows / systems / platforms and managing legal frameworks for sharing data externally (WHO / UNICEF, potentially others later);
- Coordinate systematic data capture (incl. defining responsibilities for data ownership), defining with whom this data should be shared and when, closely linking to broader communications efforts;
- Act as key focal point for KMTS to ensure appropriate data access and platforms for COVAX data:
- Main business interlocutor with KMTS on setting up COVAX data platforms, including the COVAX Country Collaboration Platform;
- Act as a Focal point for data management for COVAX; contributing to the implementation of Gavi’s data management Framework;
- Contribute to efforts related to KMTS’ role on data governance and analytics;
- Implement Standard Operational Procedures to minimise risks related to sensitive data;
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Team and other relevant stakeholders:
- Provide support for monitoring work and needs across COVAX (complementary to the COVAX Reporting Framework);
- Provide advice on, establish and maintain a comprehensive overview of all monitoring and indicators being tracked across COVAX related teams internally;
- Work with the COVAX Data Analyst, develop clear prioritisation framework for data needs and demands for data analyses;
- Generate reporting templates and draft report content to be used by key stakeholders including Gavi staff, donors, committees, Board and other key stakeholders where relevant.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
- Advanced university degree in a relevant field, such as computer science, management information systems, mathematics.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a data management or in a big data consulting role, within the pharmaceutical or global health industry working across diverse/complex projects;
- At least 5 years of experience in data analytics, modelling or management, and/or working with data systems;
- Working knowledge of Salesforce platform, R, Python, Matlab and interpretive data (advantageous);
- At least 5 years of experience in monitoring of complex projects and programmes essential;
- Experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organisation and within complex contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in project management in health programmes, including decision-making and ability to work with diverse groups / teams to reach consensus in context of complex multi-stakeholder environment;
- Proven experience working with (and potentially designing) diverse data platforms / systems / dashboards for different users and needs;
- Competent in data analysis and data visualisation;
- Awareness of data security, privacy, ethics, and quality frameworks / standards;
- Knowledge of different software and options related to various data products, such as repositories, warehouses, dashboards, platforms and trackers;
- Experience with design of monitoring and reporting frameworks;
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills are required, including ability to work and influence executive and technical personnel;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Other UN languages, particularly French, is an advantage.
- Gavi Secretariat;
- Core COVAX Partners, such as WHO, UNICEF and CEPI;
- Outside vendors and technology leaders in other companies.
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please provide a cover letter and resume through our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on “Senior Data Manager COVAX – (Temporary)”. Deadline for applications is 4 June 2021.
We are committed to fostering a just, equitable and diverse culture free from racism and discrimination in which all staff, partners and stakeholders feel empowered, safe and heard.