Senior Education Manager
Save the Children is a Grant Agent for the Education Cannot Wait (ECW) Pool Fund in Syria with overall responsibility for the delivery of the ECW funding through partners in the North East of the country. A second fund, through the Global Partnership for Education’s (GPE) Syria portfolio, is anticipated in mid-2021 as a complement to the activities undertaken in ECW.
In this role the Sr. Education Manager will be responsible for high level representation within the Donor Partners Group and Steering Committee, as well as with the wider donor community supporting Education in Syria. The Sr. Education Manager will liaise closely with the UNICEF Program Management Unit (PMU) to ensure the Multi Year Response Plan (MYRP) is implemented in coordination with relevant education actors. The Sr. Education Manager will provide leadership and overall fund management to the two grant-making projects, and will oversee sub-award processes, reporting and coordination of activities undertaken to support partners in education. Furthermore, the Sr. Education Manager will have also an important role in donor/donors engagement as well as in ensuring that all relevant stakeholders remain abreast of the educational needs, challenges and opportunities in Northern Syria. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Robust experience of humanitarian, development and emergency program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure
* Minimum of 5 years of sector coordination and/or award management experience an NGO on corporate environment, including significant representation and donor engagement experience.
* Exemplary partnership development and management skills, including in fostering strong collaboration and learning between partners;
* Experience in the design, implementation and reporting on education in emergency (EiE) programmes;
* Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from major institutional donors, including the UN and World Bank;
* Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
* Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Fluency in written and spoken and English
* Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
* Experience in fund management/grant-making within similar pooled fund structures;
* Deep understanding of the education sector and needs in the Syria context from previous program roles;
* Previous experience of working with consortium modalities.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=aGViYWFrLjc0NjAxLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZ…