DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity-building of both state and non-state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF’s Foundation Council brings together representatives of around 60 states. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world’s leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the operational principles of impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. DCAF embraces and promotes values of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, integrity and respect. For more information please visit www.dcaf.ch.
To achieve our fundraising goals, we are looking for a highly dedicated and dynamic individual to be our next:
Senior Fundraising Manager (100%)
Starting date: 1 November 2021 or as soon as possible
Duration: Two years with the possibility of extension
Reporting through the Communications Manager to senior management, the Senior Fundraising Manager is responsible to contribute to the financial growth of DCAF through the diversification of core donors, and by supporting DCAF’s Divisions with project fundraising, donor relations, and reporting.
More specifically, the role will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
· Develop and implement a corporate fundraising strategy to expand DCAF’s core donor base in line with our 2021-2024 Strategy, including identification of potential donors and their funding priorities/strategies/lines and instruments, and the development of funding proposals and requests;
· Lead on the development of an effective and efficient internal donor coordination strategy;
· Support DCAF’s fundraising working group, as necessary, and lead in the development of private fundraising strategy and tools;
· Manage the existing core donor commitments as well as extension of commitments via multi-year grant agreements;
· Develop and implement a donor communications strategy, including the creation of advocacy and reporting materials as required;
· Maintain an overview of donor relations management across the organization, ensuring donor portfolios are optimized and raising awareness of donor trends;
· Support the development and maintenance of donor funding financial steering instruments (monthly cash flow projection, monthly expense overview, other instruments as agreed);
· Manage core donor reporting obligations and commitments, preparing interim analyses and leading on the production of quality reports and their timely submission;
· Support DCAF’s Divisions with best practices for developing concept notes and funding proposals, donor relations, and reporting;
· Support the annual planning and budgeting process relating to funding;
· Any other related tasks as may be required.
· This is a senior position requiring professional experience in fundraising and donor relations (minimum 10 years), preferably in the field of governance, security, and/or international development;
· An advanced degree in fundraising, development, international relations, business management, public administration or other relevant area of studies;
· Familiarity with DCAF’s areas of expertise (SSR/G) and with results-based management (RBM) frameworks is a strong asset;
· Excellent English and French (both written and spoken) is essential;
· Experience and skills in outreach and communication, especially with donors;
· Experience and skills in project conceptualization, design and formulation, as well as in report writing and coordination;
· Experience and skills in budgeting and budget monitoring;
· Strong planning and analytical skills;
· Strong interpersonal, staff management, and communication skills;
· Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite.
· a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience;
· the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people;
· the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights.
How to apply
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 August 2021 with the subject heading ‘Fundraising Manager’, enclosing:
• the completed DCAF Application Form found here;
• a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF;
• a concise CV (maximum two pages).
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, nationality or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed, been convicted of, nor prosecuted for, any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.