Senior Humanitarian & Development Manager
Salary: £36,994 per annum + good range of benefits
Contract: Permanent – 36.5 hours per week
Based: Milton Keynes, UK – Currently home working during COVID-19
My client, World Vision UK is an international children’s charity working with children, their communities, and with supporters and partners, in almost 100 countries.
Through long-term development projects, emergency responses and advocacy they have helped bring lasting change to millions of children, over more than 60 years. And as a Christian organisation, everything they do is motivated by their faith as they strive to reflect God’s unconditional love.
Work for World Vision UK (WVUK) and you will be part of an exciting and a truly global Partnership, building brighter futures for vulnerable children.
As the Senior Humanitarian & Development Manager will join the Business Development and Acquisition Unit at WVUK and will be responsible for ensuring WVUK maximises its impact on the lives of the most vulnerable children in fragile states, emergency response and developing contexts through effective cross-organisational coordination.
With a drive for influencing the humanitarian sector, you will be actively engaged in external networks and will manage a small team responsible for establishing a sustainable and diversified institutional funding pipeline (grants, tenders, and innovative funding opportunities).
You will build and maintain strong relationships with the World Vision International (WVI) Global Centre and Regional Office Resource Development Hubs and will support WVUK’s MEAL and Research Advisors to identify and secure strategic research partnerships that contribute to effective programming and support WVUK’s culture of learning.
I am therefore retained to find someone with the knowledge, skills and experience as follows:
· An excellent understanding of humanitarian and development theory, process, and practice, including current humanitarian aid discourse, such as standards relating to quality and accountability in the aid sector (e.g., SPHERE, ICRC Code of Conduct, HAPI, etc.)
· Demonstrated knowledge and competence in assessment, design, and project cycle management for multi sector programmes in large complex and rapid on set emergencies.
· A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
· Significant management experience and active engagement in the humanitarian sector
· Demonstrable understanding of the design requirements and regulations of major institutional donors, e.g., FCDO, EU, Start Fund, World Bank and Trusts and Foundations
· Strong track record of working with, managing and developing relationships with consortium partners
· Strong financial management and reporting skills, strong quality assurance and proven experience of good quality proposal writing skills.
As an active Christian, you will have the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith within your work environment.
In addition to the salary indicated, WVUK offers good benefits including pension, generous holiday entitlement and free parking (MK only).
Initially, using the email link provided, please send your CV with full contact details to, Sue Sowerby, WVUK’s Managing Consultant indicating your interest and Sue will respond back to you as quickly as possible to organise an informal discussion.
Closing Date for applications: 6 July 2021
World Vision UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people representing all sections of the community. World Vision UK also operates flexible working policies and practices.
All applicants must be fully eligible to live and work in the UK
No agencies please.
How to apply