MSH seeks a self-directed and reliable technical professional with experience in technical support, desktop systems management, operating system deployment, network security, and Unified Communications and operations.
The primary responsibility is to provide quality support and service delivery to end-users for new and existing systems and technologies. The IT Specialist works directly under the supervision of the IS Support Manager and in close collaboration with other IT staff to ensure MSH’s IT technologies and systems are well maintained, quality operations and services are provided in a timely manner, and continuous improvement of the end-user experience, including service delivery, and knowledge transfer.
Project Implementation (20%)
• Office software maintenance and training
• Implementation of service desk management system and monitoring
• Upgrade hardware image based on checklist
• Maintain onboarding and offboarding SLAs and SOPs
• Implementation and monitoring of End Point security software
• Implementation and monitoring of MS patch releases
• Disposal of old IT equipment
Service Desk Support (45%)
• Account management related to onboarding, offboarding
• Provide onboarding orientation
• Provide research and prompt support to complicated service desk tickets
• Call Pilot Management and Configuration
• Answer helpdesk calls and accurately assign tickets (calls, walk-ins)
• Respond to helpdesk requests based on SLAs and SOPs promptly
• Ensure the functionality of photocopiers and printers and provide prompt support based on SOP
• Office suite applications support
Communication/Conferencing technologies/collaboration (15%)
• Ensure conference room equipment functionality and organized appearance while keeping the user’s guide up-to-date.
• Routine conference monitoring and enhancements based on checklist and users’ feedback
• Conduct quarterly training for the use of conference room technology
• Provide routine training for specific technologies as needed
Inventory Management (10%)
• Keep inventory up-to-date
• Physical Inventory of IT assets and prep for disposal
• Setup loaner laptops (10 laptops available and functioning)
• Monitor loaner laptops
• Submit purchase requests as needed
• Verify orders against purchase requests
• Network backup outside procedure
• Prepare for and attend quarterly touch base meetings to go over performance goals
• Attend bi-weekly IS staff meetings and participate actively
• Submit timesheets on time
• Develop goals and submit performance review self-assessments in a timely manner
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
• Knowledge and experience of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, networking fundamentals, account management, voice and video conferencing, printers, Office software suites, user setup, and support.
• Has knowledge and experience of ITIL service operations principles including incident/event management, service request, and delivery, problem and change management processes.
• A+, Google apps, and Microsoft certifications are desirable
• At least 2 years of experience in mid to large enterprise setting, working in an information technology position providing support to users for office technologies.
• Ability to work under flexible schedule and pressure with limited supervision and take initiative.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly and work well with various skill levels of users.
• Strong customer support and communication skills
• Extensive knowledge and experience with Windows 10, O365, Training Certification is a plus
• Strong experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting MS Windows, and other office software and applications.
• Good knowledge and experience with office and cloud-based technology infrastructure such as networks, LAN/WAN, Wireless, DHCP, DNS, VPN, voice, printers, copiers and basic network configurations and troubleshooting.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Keen attention to detail and end-user experience
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
• Ability to determine the resolution best suited for each situation
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
Lifting IT equipment <10lbs. Willing to travel if required.
How to apply