Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance is a public-private partnership committed to saving children’s lives and protecting people’s health by increasing equitable use of vaccines in lower-income countries. The Vaccine Alliance brings together implementing country and donor governments, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, the World Bank, the vaccine industry, technical agencies, civil society, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and other private sector partners. Gavi uses innovative finance mechanisms, including co-financing by recipient countries, to secure sustainable funding and adequate supply of quality vaccines. Since 2000, Gavi has contributed to the immunisation of more than 822 million children and the prevention of more than 14 million future deaths.
The Senior Manager, Finance Business Partnering will be responsible to engage with business managers on a portfolio and/or deliverables basis to support decision making. He/she will report to the Head, Business Partnering. The Senior Manager will also lead or support selected projects that will drive efficiency and effectiveness across the functions and will work closely with internal teams as well as Alliance Partners.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DELIVERABLES
- Business relationship management and partnership with focus on a selected portfolio of countries and/or departments to become deeply familiar with the needs of those countries and departments within the organisation;
- Lead or support selected projects aiming the optimisation of the efficiency and effectiveness of end-to-end financial flows;
- Providing decision support for strategic investment opportunities;
- Partnering with the country facing teams and Secretariat teams to provide support for more informed decisions;
- Connecting colleagues and Alliance Partners, fostering inter-departmental communication and collaboration in service of the Gavi mission, the Secretariat’s goals and priorities while providing direction and guidance to enable the best finance solutions to meet the business needs;
- Providing insights into the business performance for the areas under responsibility and quality commentaries for Management Reports, Board and Committee papers.
- Build excellent relationship with the members of the selected Secretariat teams and country facing teams (Senior Country Managers and Programme Officers);
- Ensure real time support, financial guidance and improved insights into business performance and informed decision making;
- Assess and advise on appropriate actions to manage business and finance risk and communicate impact effectively;
- Lead or support the development of business cases, apply business acumen and commercial awareness to deliver business objectives;
- Act proactively in anticipating country or department needs and recognising the wider business environment and dynamics;
- Design and propose financial solutions to business challenges while maintaining governance and financial controls;
- Provide quality commentaries to Board, Committee papers and Management Reports and input to the Financial Forecast for the selected countries and departments;
- Prioritise competing demands, proactively manage expectations of the stakeholders.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
- CPA, ACA or equivalent professional qualification preferred;
- MBA is an advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years in finance leadership positions ideally in a combination of commercial and Not-for-profit organisations;
- Minimum of 8 years of related financial experience preferably in US GAAP or IFRS environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build relationship and communicate at all levels internally and externally;
- Confidently makes and communicates decisions and recommendation;
- Excellent ability to adapt to complex business environments and situations;
- Combine ability to move at operational, tactical and strategic level;
- Stakeholder, service and solution orientated with high problem-solving capability;
- Excellent risk assessment skills with the ability to manage stakeholder expectations;
- Operates well under stress, flexible and focuses on delivering results;
- Integrity and principles-based work ethics;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relations, both within and outside the organisation;
- ERP system knowledge, preferably SAP (especially Funds Management).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Working knowledge of French is a plus.
- Gavi Secretariat;
- Partners (e.g. WHO, UNICEF, PAHO);
- Gavi’s Governance Committees (MSDC, Audit & Finance Committee, PPC, Board).
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please provide a cover letter and resume through our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on “Senior Manager, Finance Business Partnering”. Deadline for applications is 10 June 2021.
Become part of our community and join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates about our mission to save children’s lives! You can also follow our hashtag #vaccineswork.
We are committed to fostering a just, equitable and diverse culture free from racism and discrimination in which all staff, partners and stakeholders feel empowered, safe and heard.