Senior Nutrition Advisor
Ethiopia has registered remarkable progress in reducing the burden of malnutrition over the past decades. Despite improving trends, however, undernutrition remains very high in Ethiopia. To accelerate the nutrition gains and address the challenges, the Ethiopia government has developed and endorsed food and nutrition policy in 2019 that hinges on the principle of attaining food and nutrition security as a constitutional human right. This has leveraged government commitment that is backed by a policy framework to enhance multi-sectoral responsibility and accountability to ensure that its citizens are food and nutrition secured.
Save the Children Ethiopia Office has been one of the major partner supporting the GoE through its multiple Nutrition programmes/projects in both development and emergency contexts. Currently, the country office is implementing different multi-sectoral nutrition programming to strengthen multi-sectoral coordination, building the capacity of nutrition sensitive and specific sectors to implement the national Food and Nutrition Policy and Strategy, supporting Sector Ministries in nutrition sensitive livelihoods and agriculture interventions, social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) and etc.
To ensure the quality of implementation of our nutrition programming, Save the Children plans to recruit a senior nutrition advisor who can provide the required technical leadership for our development nutrition programmes. The Senior Advisor will be responsible to technically lead all development nutrition programmes in planning and executing capacity building actions, ensure the implementation of Save the children’s quality parameters like quality bench marks, common approaches and others. S/he will work to establish and strengthen relationship and a critical link between the Save the Children’s global, regional and in-country stakeholders and partners. The senior advisor will lead to strengthen strategic partnerships for new business development and work in designing nutrition programmes that will impact the life of children and their families. S/he plays a role of internal coordination for our nutrition programming and represent the CO in both internal and external platforms. The senior advisor will lead the processes of identifying and document learnings, organize and share learning sessions and follow up the implementation at all levels of program operations.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition or other related disciplines, BSc degree with exceptional and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in technically lead, managing and implement large-scale nutrition development projects,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations
- Solid experience in designing and technically support the implementation of nutrition programming that ensure programmes/projects towards impact, scale and sustainability.
- Experience in providing technical leadership for nutrition development programmes
- Experience and skill in building capacity and provide mentorship nutrition program managers, specialists, officers and coordinators
- Experience and skill in identify and documenting learnings, best practices, and facilitate learnings
- Experience in developing donor relationships, working with/guiding national level technical working groups, working with government partners, with partner agencies.
- Good knowledge of the Ethiopian health and nutrition systems and policies
- Strong result orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets
- Good skill in communicating, organizing group discussion, and presentation
- Good computer skill (MS word, MS excel, MS access and other data generating tools)
- Solid experience working with Government of Ethiopia especially with more than one ministry is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills working in partnership with CSOs, international donors and agencies.
- Significant expertise providing technical assistance to national level nutrition policies, strategies or other multi-sectoral programs and staff working on nutrition.
- Training, negotiation, mentorship, facilitation and team building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic, able to communicate professionally with a wide range of contacts; able to show tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bC5nZXQuODk2MzcuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkc…