Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on. The Senior Nutrition Expert will support and provide technical inputs on nutrition for the verification of performance on antenatal nutrition service and focused adolescent health service deliveries by governmental and non-governmental agencies in 13 states.
The purpose of this assignment is for the Independent Verification Agency (IVA) to conduct independent third-party verification of (i) performance of contracted NSAs on a sample basis every six months; (ii) performance of SPHCDAs with respect to delivery of nutrition sensitive antenatal care at primary health care centers on an annual basis; and (iii) achievement of DLI results at respective federal and participating state levels on as and when achieved basis.
- Lead the desk review of project documentation.
- Contribute to the development of questionnaires and tools used in interviews and data collection.
- Support the identification of nutrition-based indicators relevant to the project.
- Support the independent verification of the performance of NSAs, SPHCDAs, and achievement of DLI results at the federal and state levels.
- Support the development of project reports for the World Bank.
- Assist in the capacity building of state-level staff.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Public Health or Nutrition.
- Technical knowledge of M&E in Nutrition-based assignments
- At least 10 years carrying out nutrition projects in Nigeria and other Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Experience in implementing nationwide or large-scale nutrition projects in Nigeria and other Sub-Saharan African countries
- Experience with supporting M&E efforts on nutrition projects.
- Demonstrated analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to comply with the estimated project timelines and workdays.
How to apply
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Title as the subject, e.g “Senior Nutrition Expert”
- CV, including date of birth, country of residence and language proficiency
- Cover letter (addressing previous related work, including 3 reference contacts, stating name, position, email, organization, address, telephone and relationship)
- Passport photograph
- 3 written reports on past MEL assignments (preferably, independent verification projects or nutrition-focused projects)
Note: Consultants from and living in Nigeria would be preferred.