Senior Procurement and Compliance Officer,
Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA),
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Afghanistan, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services and assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan. AMELA also aims to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position
The Senior Procurement and Compliance Officer will be responsible for all procurements, conducting research on vendors. They will establish cooperative relationships with them and ensure compliance across all project procurements. The Senior Procurement and Compliance Officer reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and works closely with the Operations Director, Finance Director and other project departments.
- Perform cradle to grave procurement functions for fixed price contracts, delivery orders, purchase orders, and other agreements for the project.
- Ensure transparency and value for money in the procurement process and in accordance with MSI and USAID procurement policies and procedures.
- Create Purchase Requisition Forms and Purchase Orders for approval prior to undertaking any purchases.
- Prepare required documents for Request for Quotations (RFQ) in accordance with MSI procurement policies and procedures.
- Produce price analysis summary sheets.
- Serve as point of contact with all vendors.
- Manage office inventory and purchase of routine goods.
- Provide all required notifications to unsuccessful bidders and offers.
- Maintain filing systems and database for procurement related work.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews and investigations of procurement and vendor compliance issues.
- Review and obtain competitive bids and quotations to ensure compliance with all USAID, MSI, and Afghanistan government rules and regulations.
- Review documentation and ensure there are no violations of standards or regulations.
- Ensure proper use of GRUMP and accurate recording keeping in the system.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, required.
- At minimum of five years’ work experience required in procurement, property management, and general administration, preferably with an international organization.
- Proactive approach to navigating local markets and prices.
- Strong knowledge of local and overseas suppliers.
- Computer proficiency with demonstrable experience using MS Office applications
- Fluency in oral and written English, Pashto, and Dari required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com