The candidates MUST have a work authorization in the U.S.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Learning Course and Curriculum Development
- Develop innovative, comprehensive, participant-driven learning courses on a wide variety of topics relevant to resettlement and movement management, in line with USRAP and RMM priorities, including on topics related to providing quality assistance, protection of vulnerable individuals, interviewing, communication, fraud prevention, staff management and career development. Ensure the learning courses utilize a wide range of learning methodologies, are accessible to all personnel and are simple to facilitate. Regularly produce refresher courses on annual required training themes and update previously produced learning courses as needed.
- Prepare supporting materials for new learning courses, including Facilitation Guides, Participant Workbooks, Tips Sheets, sample agendas, training aides, visual aids such as posters, and other elements of operational toolkits that complement and enhance the learning experience. Ensure all supporting materials are well-organized, coherent, effective, polished and consistent with materials accompanying previous learning courses.
- Prepare scripts for e-learning courses by either adapting existing learning courses into e-learning course scripts or preparing new content for courses that will be exclusively offered as e-learning content. As courses are developed, ensure any revisions to the transcripts, audio and screen content are consistent with the narrative arc of the learning course and with the original script content. To support the e-learning course development process, assist in preparing concept notes.
- In close coordination with the Training Coordinator, work with the graphic designer to ensure all RMM learning courses and supporting materials are professionally designed in a timely manner according to the annual production schedule and taking into consideration other USRAP and RMM design projects. As needed, undertake basic design work such as adapting learning content into existing templates and formatting Microsoft Word documents.
- As needed, develop thematic learning curriculums containing courses, articles, videos and other materials from external sources as well as compendiums of professional development opportunities to be disseminated to RMM staff members globally. In conjunction with the learning curriculums, develop quizzes and discussion questions that can be utilized by supervisors to confirm personnel are completing the required learning opportunities.
- Provide guidance to the Training Coordinator and Training Focal Points in writing, during presentations and through mentoring sessions on relevant adult learning methodologies and best practices in training environments. Contribute to the annual Training of Trainers with sessions that support the professional growth and development of the RMM Training Focal Points.
- Work closely with the IOM Staff Development and Learning (SDL) division of Human Resources Management in Geneva to ensure all learning courses produced by RMM and training events held by RMM are properly listed on i-Learn and e-Campus. As needed, work with SDL to identify technical solutions for different learning needs. In coordination with the Training Coordinator and any project consultants, work with E-Campus as needed to produce e-learning courses.
- Support the Training Coordinator in holding quarterly check-in meetings with the global Training Focal Points in order to discuss new learning courses, answer questions about training facilitation, understand what learning activities have taken place in the region, evaluate proposed trainings by Training Focal Points and USRAP Project Managers and offer assistance as needed with the facilitation of future courses.
- Assist the Training Coordinator in tracking the trainings that are carried out on by the Training Focal Points and help ensure every region is in compliance with the completion of required learning courses. As requested, provide reports and statistics on the training that is being done in each region.
- Assist the Training Coordinator in composing and disseminating surveys about learning courses, training needs and professional development opportunities. After surveys are closed, assist in the analysis and reporting of data as needed.
- Provide logistical and technical support for Training Focal Points Training of Trainers events, which are typically held annually to discuss the Training Focal Point role, introduce Training Focal Points Training to the new learning courses, assist Training Focal Points in learning the course content and augment their facilitation skills and understanding of adult learning methodologies. As requested, provide support and mentorship to the self-learning phases that precede the Training of Trainers events and assist with any post-event evaluations.
- As requested, travel to resettlement and movement management training sites to participate in and review trainings in order to provide feedback that will be used to update course content and support facilitators in improving their course delivery.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or related field with four years of relevant professional experience.
- 4 years of relevant working experience.
· Adapts best adult learning methodologies to the requirements of IOM to facilitate the achievement of strategic objectives in relation to staff development.
· Effectively applies knowledge of relevant adult learning theories and practices and recognizes their application within existing IOM processes.
- Delivers solutions customized to the needs of IOM.
Fluency in English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to
How to apply
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 5, 2021.