General View of the Position:
The Senior Program Officer is responsible for all aspects of technical and non-technical project implementation, including the preparation, planning, organization, and coordination with all the supporting departments to ensure proper and timely implementation of the project activities in accordance with the work plan, in addition to regular documentation for all the steps of project implementation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Communication and representation
- Effectively attend and represent the organization in Education cluster meetings, workshops, and meetings with donors.
- Participating in the meetings and communications with donors, partners, and other stakeholders related to Education.
- Participating in the coordination meetings with the Turkish government related to Education projects.
- Manage and supervise the project field staff in all the areas of implementation, and providing them with regular support.
- Facilitating and conducting regular meetings with the field team to monitor the implementation and providing support to ensure adherence to the work plan, as well as, safeguarding policy, and code of conduct
- Regular supervision of program progress, track and check field reports, and ensure that activities are technically sound and implemented in a timely, safe, and efficient manner, in accordance with the project work plan.
Project management and development
- Develop work, procurement, HR, and other plans, to ensure effective management, reaching targets,s and monitoring achieved vs planned percentage of completed works.
- Support in developing\adapting reporting templates that fit the project’s activities, and M&E tools with the program coordinator; building the field teams’ capacities to be familiar with the reporting tools and approach.
- Participate in developing budgets and proposals for new education-related projects.
- Reviewing project-related financial reports, shared with Donors.
- Interview and select project direct staff in conformity with HR policies.
- Full and comprehensive documentation of all the project activities according to the department-adapted approach.
- Submitting regular narrative, 4Ws reports, media documentation, and any other reports requested by the donor or Education cluster to the program coordinator\donor\Education.
- Updating the project work plan regularly and sharing it with the respective supporting departments and parties.
- Submission of PIRs, and following up with the supporting departments on the materials and actions needed.
- Identify and report any gaps or challenges during program implementation; working on resolve the problems under the supervision of the management.
- Traveling to Syria to closely supervise the field teams and monitor the projects’ implementation.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in Education programming.
- Experience in managing education field teams in several locations concurrently through remote management is desirable
- Experience in writing narrative and technical reports in English.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Transparency, Problem-solving, and team working skills.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Language proficiency: Advanced (reading, writing, and speaking) English and Arabic
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to transfer gained skills to other staff.
- Able to systematically analyze complex information to provide clear and relevant recommendations, and to solve problems.
- Ability to identify, analyze and recommend action to effectively manage risk.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- Adhering to the organization’s vision, mission, goals, and objectives; commitment to humanitarian principles and actions.
- Able to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to work collaboratively to achieve objectives.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the humanitarian sector and coordination mechanisms.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and synthesize.
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of organization.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Good organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Turkish nationals are strongly encouraged to apply and will be prioritized for this role.
How to apply
How to apply
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted