Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Country Manager, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project, including but not limited to: day-to-day operations and shall provide services to relevant donors, partners and beneficiaries. He/she is expected to meet and exceed the organization’s performance and delivery goals.
Summary of functions:
- Project Delivery and Performance
- Monitoring and reporting
- Stakeholder engagement
- Quality assurance
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Personnel management
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=22066
- Advanced University Degree (master) in Project Management, Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Political/Security/Peace and Development studies, Finance, Economics, Engineering (physical infrastructure related), Civil Engineering, or other relevant disciplines.
- A combination of a Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- A relevant combination of academic credentials and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification – Preferred.
- For those who do not have a degree in Procurement of Supply Chain Management, Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification, is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of UN/ /UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressive experience (or more depending on academic credentials) in project development and management with a focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination of projects in either public or private sector organizations.
- International experience of a minimum of seven (7) years is desirable.
- Minimum seven (7) years experience in management and coordination of multi-disciplinary teams and external consultants within challenging environments is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of procurement practices are desirable.
- Past experience within international/UN organizations, particularly UNOPS, in development, management and implementation of peace and development projects would be considered as a significant asset.
- Good skills in interpersonal and communication relationships (spoken and written) is highly desirable.
- Analytical, organizational and negotiation skills is desirable.
- High level of ethics and integrity and demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships is preferred.
- Experience working in the Philippines and Asia Region is desirable.
- Experience working with minimal remote and general supervision is desirable.
- Personnel supervisory experience in procurement is desirable.
- Experience of working with Incoterms or International Commercial Terms is strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of UNOPS policy relating to project management and procurement would be an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of an official Philippine language (Tagalog) is an asset.