As a member of the ILO TVET project team, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
The Senior Project Officer (SPO) will report to the Program Manager and be responsible for day-to-day project planning and coordination among the team. The SPO will supervise two Field Officers who will serve as team leader for the child and youth technical school programming (education) and for the youth and adult TVET programming (livelihoods), managing and supporting staff and relationships with TVET providers in each location. The SPO will coordinate with the Education Program Manager, the Livelihoods Program Manager, and the Livelihoods Quality Officer who will support the development, implementation, and consistency of the program’s technical interventions such as training activities, TVET program linkages, mentoring and follow-up; as well as the Livelihoods MEAL Officer, responsible for the design and roll-out of the project’s MEAL system.
· Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
· Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities, guiding the team and local partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
· Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and all the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
· Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with assistance to teams and local partners.
· Coordinate activities required for ensuring the financial, materials, and human resources for the quality implementation of the project. Conduct regular budget reviews to facilitate proper tracking of resource use.
· Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities for CRS and local partner team staff to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
· Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
· Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices.
· Engage and strengthen partnerships relevant to CRS Egypt livelihoods and education programming, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
· Identify staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and contribute to capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Support:
· Manage database to ensure accessibility and reliability of information
· Support compliance with agency and donor MEAL requirements
· Train MEAL staff on the conduct of field-based MEAL activities
· Provide input to MEAL system design and review discussions
· Supervise quality data collection and management activities
· Lead simple analyses and reflective discussions on ongoing monitoring data
· Contribute initial findings and field-based insights to project discussions
· Foster respectful relationships with community members and stakeholders
· Promote honesty and integrity in work of MEAL Agents
· Implement activities according to MEAL DIP
· Contribute to reflective community-based conversations on ongoing project interventions
· Share insights and perspectives based on observations and interactions with community members, colleagues, and stakeholders
Required Background and Experience:
Education and ExperienceCatholic Relief Services
· Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in International Relations or in the field of Economics Development or a related field would be a plus. Additional education may substitute for some experience.
· Minimum of four years of work experience in project management, ideally in the field of livelihoods and for an NGO.
· Relevant grant management experience, especially for USG or other public donors, a plus.
· Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
· Staff supervision experience.
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
· Ability to contribute to the development of technical proposals.
· Experience analyzing data and contributing to evaluation reports.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with an ability to make sound judgment
· Ability to lead high quality reports, and contribute to proposal development
· Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
· Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
· Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to work smoothly in a multi-cultural environment while building good teamwork spirit.
· High tolerance rate for working under pressure and dealing with diversified cultures and tense situations.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Excellent English and Arabic language skills, written and verbal.
Travel required to trainings, TVET centers and schools, field visits and other relevant locations in Greater Cairo, estimated at up to 40%.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Field Officers
Internal: Quality Officer, MEAL Field Officer, MEAL Project Officer, Program Managers, Head of Programs, and other programmatic support positions.
External: Local and international organizations, service providers, community leaders and other local actors.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
Kindly visit our recruitment website https://www.crsegyptjobs.org/ and check our new jobs