Catholic Relief Services, an International Non-Governmental Organization, is seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Senior Project Officer – MEAL – who will work closely with the MEAL Director to support in project monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) activities. You will supervise a team of MEAL Officers located in Douala and Maroua as they support local implementing partners (IPs) and coordinating various MEAL-related project activities and events in support of CRS’s work to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your role will also involve strengthening the project MEAL system to ensure high-quality data and building the capacity of the program and MEAL teams as you work in close collaboration with the project zonal and technical teams in support of CRS’s work serving HIV-infected and -affected OVC and their caregivers. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the local partners have the necessary MEAL knowledge and skills and that the project consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
The position is based in Douala.
· Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices, including CRS MEAL policies, procedures, and practices.
· Effectively manage talent and supervise two (02) MEAL Officers. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
· Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
· Champion the use of data for decision making across project through MEAL officers, program, and technical teams. Ensure the same knowledge is reflected at local partner level through tracking of key performance indicators and providing timely data to inform routine portfolio review sessions and reporting. This will include sharing of timely, quality data and compilation of project reports.
· Implement monitoring activities and processes according to the project’s Detailed Implementation Plan and MEAL system. Ensure the quality of monitoring data through systematic use of the Routine Data Quality Assessments (RDQA) in line with USAID/PEPFAR DQA standards, as well as CRS MEAL Policies and Procedures.
· Coordinate and oversee MEAL-related working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact. Identify and respond to key stakeholders’ information needs in MEAL activities, using a range of appropriate communication methods.
· Supervise and perform ad hoc inspections of various MEAL processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures.
· Support and coordinate MEAL capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project MEAL activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards. Optimize partner participation and capacity development in the implementation of MEAL systems through mentorship, supportive supervision and training on data management collection, analysis, and interpretation.
· Assess capacity gaps for the MEAL staff and plan sessions to address gaps in close collaboration with the KIDSS MEAL Director to ensure effective implementation of the project MEAL plan.
· Coordinate provision of any MEAL-related logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
· Ensure timely project documentation and reporting for assigned MEAL activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Master’s degree required in Statistics, Biostatistics, Demography, Public Health, Epidemiology, Information System Management, or any relevant field.
· Minimum of 4 years work experience in project support, ideally in MEAL and with an international NGO. At least 2 years of practical experience in MEAL required.
· At least 2 years of experience in supervising teams.
· Good knowledge on the usage of Microsoft Office 365 suite.
· Experience in facilitation, participatory action planning and/or community engagement.
· Experience engaging with partner organizations
· Good command in PowerBI and Data analysis
· Good command in report writing
· Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
· Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
· Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
· Ability to travel and work in rural remote areas
· Ability to work under pressure and adapt to any change in project
· Staff supervision experience a plus.
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
· Knowledge of case management. Experience in HIV/ AIDS project/ programs is a plus.
· Knowledge in PEPFAR MER data requirements is a plus.
· Proficient in SPSS, Epidata /info, Access, Stata.
· Advanced knowledge in the usage of visualization tools such as MS Excel, PowerBI, Tableu, GIS.
· Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
Required Travel: The position will require travel (50%).
Language requirement: Fluency in French, Professional Proficiency in English required.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
Application Process: Application files including: Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying “**Senior Project Officer – MEAL**” in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: June 8th, 2021 at 4 pm
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
This position is a national position only for cameroonian country based.
Females candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency Safeguarding Policy.