A Development Organization is seeking qualified, experienced and highly motivated Senior Project Officers who will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s).Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and consistently works towards improving the impact for those whom we serve.
Position is based in DOUALA
•Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, PEPFAR requirements, and good practices
•Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
•Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
•Support local partners to develop workplans and oversee implementation and reporting on achievement of project activities on schedule.
•Oversee and coordinate the case management platform for service delivery; liaise with technical staff and partner staff to ensure that case management is provided to beneficiaries consistently, following project guidelines and best practice. Ensure that documentation and reporting on case management and OVC services is effectively completed by partner and MEAL staff to reach PEPFAR targets.
•Oversee the establishment and effective functioning of a referral network spearheaded by local partners and inclusive of clinical partners and social service providers; Support the roll out of shared protocols and tools between stakeholders and the development of up to date referral directories.
•Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
•Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites, including data quality assessments and SIMS visits, to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Social Work, Project Management o related field required. Masters’ Degree would be a plus.
· Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project support, in the field of health or social services for an NGO.
· Experience implementing and/or monitoring PEPFAR programs strongly preferred.
· Knowledge or prior experience in social services and case management desirable.
· Experience working with and coordinating partners, participatory action planning and community engagement required.
· Staff supervision experience required.
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
· Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports, and/or conduct analysis and assessments
· Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
· Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in strategic planning initiatives.
· Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions quickly and independently.
· Extremely flexible and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
· Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively.
· Ability to work as a team player in a challenging environment.
· Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point);
Required Travel: Up to 50% travel to local partner sites and main office in Yaoundé.
How to apply
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Application files including: Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to
The Resident Representative; PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying “Senior Project Officer Zonal Lead Douala “in the e-mail subject line. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered
Closing date: May 7th, 2021 at 2 pm
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency safeguarding Policy (specific topics).
This job is only for local Cameroonian based in the country.
Females applications are encouraged.