FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Strategic Information Technical Advisor to support HIV and COVID-19 projects for EpiC in the Asia-Pacific Region. Through the support of this position, EpiC aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and services for HIV/AIDS and COVID-19 across the region through appropriate and cutting-edge approaches**.**
The Senior Strategic Information Technical Advisor will provide strategic and technical leadership in support of surveillance, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for HIV and COVID programs in the region. S/he will provide technical guidance by designing and developing SI/M&E systems and procedures for various projects. This includes establishing key components of an M&E system including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program and developing data dashboards for real-time reporting. S/he will undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring data quality and accuracy; and for collecting, analyzing, and processing monitoring and evaluation data, assisting in monitoring and reporting against performance indicators and results, developing methods and milestones to support project teams to monitor the project progress towards goals, and contributing to program strategy to ensure that activities and assignments are carried out as planned and the program objectives are being achieved. S/he will also be responsible for planning and leading research studies and other implementation science activities. S/he may supervise select technical staff in EpiC within the Strategic Information unit.
The position will be based in Southeast Asia where FHI360 currently has an office. We prefer to hire persons already living in the region.
- Provide technical leadership in developing strategic information systems for HIV and COVID-19 in Asia region ensuring that these adhere to the appropriate global strategy
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity building for staff in analysis, visualization, dissemination, and use of data from different sources.
- Provide technical leadership and regular support to EpiC Team and country offices to ensure that programs are well designed based on the best available evidence and supported by robust monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Develop and ensure application of effective data collection, tracking, and reporting to monitor activity outputs and program quality and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Develop high quality studies using quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results, particularly any monitoring activities undertaken by consortium partners.
- Supervise SI-related contractors/partners ensuring quality of work and on-schedule and budget delivery.
- Build the capacity of FHI 360 staff and local partners to develop and implement SI/M&E systems in line with donor requirements and best practices, through formal training and regular mentoring.
- Support the analysis and use of data from routine information systems and special surveys to influence the design and scope of projects including ensuring that project data are appropriately displayed in dashboards using various graphics and geo-spatial displays.
- Ensure all research is ethically reviewed and provide quality assurance for research design, protocols, abstracts and manuscripts.
- Identify best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications and reviews surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Support the development of proposals to support regional and country-specific activities in EpiC.
- Maintains continuous dialogue and collaboration with donors, relevant government agencies, project staff and other NGOs and is viewed as a knowledgeable in their technical area.
- Review M&E activities in projects for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Ensure data quality audits are routinely collected and monitor data quality and accuracy, immediately reporting any discrepancies to leadership.
- Collect lessons learned from programs and collaborate with senior management to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
- Provide oversight for development of performance monitoring plans and development of systems for data collection, collation, analysis and use.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Masters’ degree in epidemiology, public health, statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in developing and supporting health monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Experience in supervising technical staff.
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in development of M&E tools, data analysis, data use, and assessments.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in developing study protocols, supervising study field activities and data management, and has peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience working with donor-funded monitoring and evaluation systems highly preferred.
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. Excel, DHIS2, PowerBI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata, R.
- Experience with business development a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally between 25-30%.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to apply
Please click HERE to apply via FHI 360’s Career Portal .