Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Senior Technical Advisor to join our team in London, UK.
The post-holder is responsible for provision of expert technical and strategic advice in control/elimination of communicable diseases, in particular the prevention and management of causes of childhood febrile illnesses, integrated management of malnutrition, and promotion of child and maternal health to the full range of Malaria Consortium’s programmes and projects worldwide. Whereas the post-holder will provide technical support and be technical involved in specific projects, the post-holder will be actively involved in organisational activities such as business areas and/or communities of practice.
The successful candidate will have:
- Medical doctor with clinical experience in low and middle-income countries with a focus on paediatrics and child health
- Postgraduate qualification in paediatrics, child health or equivalent experience
- Experience in communicable disease control
- Extensive international experience
- Experience in applying quality management in health services delivery or child health programmes
- Experience working in a technical support capacity with Ministries of health, international agencies and Non-Governmental organisations
- Experience mentoring and strengthening the knowledge and skills of health workers service delivery points using adult learning techniques, in particular community health workers
- Experience in health care delivery at mid to senior level
How to apply
To apply for this role, please create an account on our website and upload your CV and cover letter.
Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.