Position: Senior U-Learn Project Manager
Direct Hierarchy: REACH Research Manager
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Starting Date: August 2021
U-Learn (The Uganda Learning, Evidence, Accountability and Research Network) is a UKAID-funded INGO consortium that supports evidence, learning and refugee voice in the refugee response in Uganda. The U-Learn consortium is comprised of ACTED (leading on assessments and research), IRC (leading on refugee voice) and Response Innovation Labs hosted by Save the Children (leading on learning). The post-holder will work across the U-Learn consortium.
We are looking for a curious, self-driven and highly proactive person to fill the position of Senior U-Learn Project Manager based in Kampala, Uganda. Candidates are not required to have previous humanitarian or INGO experience. While this is very much valued, we are interested in candidates from a range of backgrounds, with the ability to demonstrate exceptional performance and prowess as project managers.
The Senior U-Learn Project Manager will provide cross-cutting support to strategic initiatives and activities across all components of the consortium. Specifically, the PM will focus on strengthening monitoring and evaluation of U-Learn’s performance and impact, proactively embedding M&E processes/tools across the consortium. In addition, the PM will support the Consortium Management Unit to ensure good integration of U-Learn’s programming, as well as contributing to the implementation and delivery of key events and outputs under the consortium’s Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) and Learning Hub (LH) workstreams.
1. MEAL – c. 30%
- Oversee the documentation of programme results, impact, best practices and significant changes;
- Lead on supporting programme teams to embed user-friendly standardised M&E tools (surveys/polls) into events and outputs;
- Hold overall responsibility for the logframe, including data collation and analysis in order to maintain an updated view of progress and impact;
- Lead the annual perceptions survey on U-Learn performance;
- Facilitate programmes to run contextualized feedback and complaints mechanisms and approaches to receive feedback from refugees, host communities as well as other user groups of the U-Learn programme.
2. CMU – c. 20%
- Track workplans to ensure day-to-day activities are aligned with U-Learn’s long-term vision and intended impact;
- Help develop and embed programme management tools that are practical, fit for purpose and embedded into U-Learn’s way of operating eg. Trello boards and MS Teams shared files and collaboration;
- Identify potential synergies and efficiencies that can be achieved for improved, integrated performance of the consortium, and support existing structures (regular consortium meetings/shared online platforms);
- Assist with routine reporting and compliance requirements including risk analysis and safeguarding.
3. LH (c. 25%) & AAP (c. 25%)
- Support specific LH events – providing project management support in organising the event and technical support on the day
- Support AAP deliverables – supporting the project management of the AAP training course through managing a workplan and supporting on discrete follow-up actions (eg – contacting attendees)
- Proactively identify potential gaps and support needs in the programme teams that will benefit from targeted input;
- Act as an additional resource for reviews and checks of LH and AAP outputs and products
4. Protection mainstreaming
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours etc).
Key skills/strengths (in order of priority):
- Master’s degree in Project Planning & Management, Development studies, M&E, or Equivalent
- At least 7 years’ experience in project management
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Highly organized and able to juggle various work streams
- Strong project management skills (able to anticipate required actions and map these into user-friendly work plans)
- People-focused (able to develop tools and processes that take into account the priorities and preferences of colleagues)
- Strong internal written and spoken communication skills
- Confident drawing links between different activities and teams
- Comfortable speaking and supporting at live online events
Please follow link https://ulearn-uganda.org/ to know more about U-Learn.
How to apply
Qualified Uganda Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by with the subject line: APPLICATION FOR SENIOR U-LEARN PROJECT MANAGER – UGANDA accompanied with:
- Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 03 Pages)
- Cover Letter (Maximum 01 Page)
- Short video (2-5 minutes in MP4 or AVI Format) indicating the following:
- Why you would like to join the team as Senior U-Learn Project Manager
- Share 3 Key contributions you would bring to U-Learn in case you join the team. Please provide your recorded video using wetransfer (https://wetransfer.com/) to the email where you are sending the application*.*
Cover Letter and CV must be shared as a single PDF document i.e with the Cover Letter being on the first page and CV starting on the next page, detailing 03 work referees and their day time contacts. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your application. If required they will be requested at a later stage.
Applications failing to respect the criteria above will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Review of Applications and Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire before the deadline.
- ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent(s) in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer