Position: Senior WASH/Humanitarian Officer
Duty Station: Amman – Jordan with multiple visits to the field.
Better World is a registered national non-governmental and nonprofit Jordanian Company that is dedicated to ending human suffering, and Community development.
Better World was established in June 2017, and was distinguished as the only organization that kept sustainable deliverance for the humanitarian aids and support to the Al-Rukban camp.
We’re known inside Syria for keeping our promises and our unshakeable will to maintain the people’s dignity.
Better World has been working with the most affected population enhancing the livelihood opportunities for affected populations.
Better World aims to help stabilize local communities and promote the return of internally displaced persons by restoring and repairing basic social infrastructure and services in severely affected crisis areas with limited access.
Our main goal is to achieve a rapid return to sustainable development pathways by restoring and expanding more responsive essential services and infrastructure for affected communities.
Women empowerment is on top of our list, since women are core of society and maintaining a healthy base promotes effective growth. In addition to the fact that our society deprives women of complete and utter independence. We were created to offer it.
Better World considers that the ability to enjoy basic human rights is tied to access to livelihood. Therefore, all Better World programs are based on the belief that all people must have a decent standard of living where opportunities are available to all without any discrimination.**
Roles and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Senior WASH/Humanitarian Officer role to contribute to the development and implementation of WASH/Humanitarian interventions at Rukban camp (Berm) and help in adapting and improving internal systems to promote evidence-based decision-making and program performance.
· Contribute to implementing the WASH/Humanitarian interventions at Rukban camp.
· Report on progress of work as required by management and according to Donor requirements.
· Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
· Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
· Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within.
· Lead the development and implementation of WASH/Humanitarian interventions in Rukban.
· Support the development of Program Documents and budgets and submit to the donor.
· Support planning, designing, and delivering trainings to staff and volunteers inside the camp.
· Report on achievement against targets as required by management and according to donor requirements.
· Build the capacity of team members.
· Ensure the effective implementation of water collection, Hygiene Promotion (HP), and Solid Waste Management (SWM) services inside Rukban.
· Report on the humanitarian situation inside Rukban.
· Lead a team of WASH/humanitarian staff and field volunteers inside the camp.
· Design survey such as KAP surveys as required by management and donor.
· Lead the process for data collection inside the camp as required by management and donor.
· Report on media publication on Rukban.
· Report on circulations published from within Rukban.
· Ensure Mainstreaming of protection within the interventions.
· Put in place M&E tools to remotely manage the interventions inside Rukban.
Competencies Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired
results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
Generic professional competencies for this position:
· Experience in implementing humanitarian interventions remotely.
· Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
· Excellent command of English.
Qualifications, knowledge, and experience:
· Advanced University degree in engineering or post-graduate degree in one of the civil engineering disciplines of water supply and/or hydrology) or environmental engineering .
· Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible functions in water/sanitary engineering or a related field in developing countries dealing with large scale water/sanitary activities. “experience should be in a capacity directly relevant to the current position in a humanitarian organization dealing with large scale emergencies or displaced/refugee situations.
· Specific and proven skills and training in the areas of environmental sanitation, natural resources management, water quality, vector control and appropriate technologies
· Proficient in computer software, including engineering design tools. “Training course(s) on computer software is a must.
· Strong drafting skills.
Excellent knowledge of English (written/oral/comprehension) is essential. “Took a training course(s) in English or/and an international English language test.
How to apply
if you are interested kindly send your CV to the following e-mail: HR@betterworldjor.org