Job Title: Shared Service Accountant
Reports to: Shared Financial Service Manager
Job location: Dublin preferable, but negotiable. Travel to overseas fields (potentially 20-30%).
Pay Band: €49,167 to €57,843
Contract: Two Year Fixed Term
Job Purpose: As a member of the Shared Financial Services Team, the Shared Service Accountant will manage the main accounting system (GP) for a number of countries, and will prepare financial reports to meet the needs of all stakeholders for those countries – based on information supplied by the countries being supported.
It is essential that the applicant will have a formal finance qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA), can be part/fully qualified. The applicant should have extensive experience of preparing monthly management accounts and should be able to demonstrate their ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Preparation of individual monthly management accounts for budget-holders and obtaining information on budget variances as needed
- Preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts for the Senior Management Team (SMT) with a short narrative report to explain major variances.
- Preparation of internal financial reports for Head Office finance to strict reporting deadlines
- Preparation of donor reports for external donors/agencies in line with agreed timetables
- Ensuring all donor reports are supported by transaction lists, in line with organisational procedures
- The preparation of year end accounts for external audit purposes
- Provide financial analysis and ad-hoc reports to CMT and Head Office where necessary
- Managing the accounting system (GP) for number of countries, as assigned by the Shared Financial Service Manager
- Working with the Country Financial Controller and/or Country Finance Manager in those countries to establish month-end close timetables to ensure that information is received on a timely basis
- Posting monthly journals and cash/bank books based on information supplied from the country finance teams
- Uploading approved budgets into the accounting system
- Updating the Chart of Accounts as needed
- Carrying out all month end processes and reconciliations to ensure a timely completion of the accounts for the period, including completion of monthly support cost allocations
- Carrying out all year end processes in line with organisational procedures
- Providing statutory and donor auditors with transaction lists, trial balance and other information from GP as requested.
- Participating in CMT meetings through SKYPE when requested
- Documenting systems and processes developed for this role for future replication
- Participation in the induction of new CFC’s and/or Country Finance Managers where appropriate
- Visiting the country programme as required
- Providing cover as required within the team
- Perform any other duties as required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Professionally Part Qualified/Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA
- Three years’ experience working as an accountant, preferably with an INGO.
- Experience of preparing management accounts for multiple entities
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and accounting software.
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Flexible, adaptable and a sense of humour
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Empathy with organisational goals
- Experience in working in the international development sector (overseas)
- Experience of working with Concern in another finance position e.g. Country Financial Controller/Manager
- Experience of working as a shared service accountant
- Knowledge of donor compliance requirements for USAID, EC/ECHO, DFID, UN
- Experience on working on Microsoft Great Plains
How to apply
To apply: CVs should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net.
Concern is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all section of the community.