Objective: This is a short-term assignment (est. 3 months) to implement the final phase of a professional quality of life and staff well-being project in support of frontline healthcare workers (HCWs) in Jordan. Through outreach to underserved camp-based and non-camp healthcare centers, the Specialist(s) will disseminate tools and resources developed as part of the project’s first phases, and follow-up with organizations interested to utilize them. The Specialist(s) will develop and initiate customized support plans for each organization, including training opportunities. Applicants should hold valid work authorization for Jordan.
- Program Information Awareness: Review program materials and become familiar with the professional quality of life measure, including specific adaptations for healthcare workers. Broadly disseminate the ProQOL-Health tool and resources to relevant sector working groups (such as Health, MHPSS, and the INGO Forum). Support selected partners in accessing the ProQOL-Health and associated resources.
- Partnership Management: Contribute to the selection of project partners that will benefit from the technical assistance provided. Once selected, develop and manage relationships with project partners, including through regular check-ins, consultations, and feedback sessions. Co-create training or other assistance packages.
- Capacity Assessment and Analysis: Guide healthcare workers at selected organizations as they complete self-assessments to identify self-care and staff support needs. Working closely with CVT’s research and evaluation teams, manage informed consent and other ethical considerations, collect, store and review assessment data to help identify rates of burnout, secondary trauma, and moral distress among participant healthcare workers. Provide technical assistance to healthcare organizations and individual workers to understand assessment findings and their implications. Implement follow-up assessments as required by project plan.
- Capacity Development Related to Staff Support: Consult with targeted healthcare organizations and project team members to identify relevant staff support trainings and other resources that could address initial findings of ProQOL-Health assessments. Deliver trainings as identified. Conduct periodic site visits as feasible under Covid-19 guidelines and best practices.
- Other Duties: Participate in other program and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Masters Degree in clinical psychology or related field
- At least three years of experience providing psychotherapy or counseling to survivors of trauma.
- Experience supporting organizational staff to maintain personal and professional well-being and to manage job stress and vicarious trauma.
- Experience in working in cross-cultural contexts.
- Experience working in multiple locations or with partners from throughout the Middle East
- Experience working with non-governmental human rights or humanitarian organizations
- Experience developing and implementing capacity building programming
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Experience providing remote staff support
- Appropriate professional licensure
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Fluency in Arabic and strong working knowledge of English
- Strong understanding of latest research and practices on resilience, staff care and psychosocial support.
- Knowledge of diverse capacity development methods and designs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an interactive team.
- Awareness and sensitivity to cultural, political, social and economic contextual factors.
- Demonstrated flexibility to work across multiple projects at the same time, and adapt to changing program requirements and political climate.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights.
How to apply
For Application process please visit the link here