The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organizations within the Movement.
German Red Cross cooperates with several Central American national societies in Forecast Based Financing / Anticipation and Cash Preparedness programs which contribute to sustainable approaches in the future.
GRC is currently seeking for an experienced Regional Cash Advisor (m/f/d):
Places of assignment: Tegucigalpa, Honduras with regular travels to Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Guatemala
Duration of contract: August 2021 – December 2021
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead the feasibility study for cash and voucher assistance (CVA) in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras and Guatemala in support of the Honduras office and the EAP developmen.
- Develop the CVA section in the EAPs with clear focus on the preferred mechanism, amount justification and selection criteria.
- Support the strengthening for thematical and institutional alliances for action with national cash working groups and CVA initiatives post ETA/IOTA hurricanes (IFRC, PNS, other organizations in country).
- Link CVA to characterization initiatives of Livelihoods and impact assessments.
- Train national staff in CVA and Market Assessments in 4 countries.
- Support CVA simulations or drills for anticipation (within the framework of EAPs working on Cash).
- Other task needed for inclusion of CVA in EAP in Central America in 2021.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English.
- At least 3 years working experience in Project Management of international development-oriented project.
- Profound working experience in the field of preparedness and implementation of cash projects.
- Experience in implementing and managing donor funded projects (knowledge of ECHO and German Foreign office is an asset).
- Strong project management skills, particularly PCM, reporting and monitoring.
- Profound knowledge and proven experience in M&E, developing tools and plans, and leading midterms and annual reviews and planning workshops/activities.
- Experience in participatory methods and cooperating with local organizations / capacity building among communities and partners (preferably in the region).
- Assertive, with high intercultural sensitivity.
- Knowledge of Red Cross / Red Crescent principles and willingness to adhere to them.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in multi-cultural environments.
- Excellent physical and mental health with the ability to complete a thorough medical screening process.
- Readiness to work in remote areas.
- Readiness to go on a short-term assignment without partner – no family post.
GRC offers you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC as well as an expatriation allowance during your mission. We provide you with an accommodation and a full insurance package (health insurance for residence abroad, private accident insurance, private liability insurance, luggage insurance) GRC is as well covering for medical check-ups before and after your mission. Before your assignment you will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive coaching and briefing prior as well as during and after your mission.
How to apply
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 22nd of July 2021.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2021-073 with your application.