II. Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Migration Management and direct supervision of the Programme Officer – Immigration & Border Management Officer the Project Assistant’s primary role will be to support the implementation of Identity and Border Management (IBM) projects implemented within the Migration Management Division (MMD).
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Coordinate implementation and monitoring, of all aspects of the project to ensure smooth implementation of project activities by putting in proper planning, monitoring and timely reporting.
- Ensure that all conditions in the project proposal signed between IOM and the donor are adhered to by the staff under his/her daily supervision to fulfil IOM and donor requirements through continuous communication.
- Supervise, lead and build the capacity of the Migrant Service Assistants to implement operations efficiently and effectively.
- Manage day-to-day activities in the IBM Project – ensuring smooth and efficient operations in close coordination with the IBM Project Officer and Migration management Officer, including liaising with the donor representatives and other relevant stakeholders as well as coordinating and overseeing logistical/administrative support as requested.
- Monitor the implementation of operations, regularly make suggestions on improving efficiency and effectiveness and bring problems or issues to the supervisor’s attention in a timely manner.
- Ensure an adequate staffing level to perform the office duties and ensure to timely arrange recruitment of project staff as needed in close coordination with the IBM Project Officer and Migration Management Officer.
- Conduct the performance evaluation of processing staff and take relevant actions in case of underperformance in coordination with the HR Unit.
- Provide excellent customer service to applicants at all times in full compliance with the Service Standards.
- Ensure data accuracy for all records in Mazar-i-Sharif and report these periodically in a timely manner as per donor requirement; maintain a high degree of skill in using IOM internal software platforms.
10.Maintain positive working relationships with donor staff and with local authorities.
11.Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with external counterparts involved with processing this caseload.
12.Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all MMD-related matters in accordance with guidelines and instructions.
13.Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance and monitor the integrity of records containing individual data.
14.Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2*
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
· Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
· Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction
Note: Appointment is subject to funding availability.**
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel PowerPoint Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel Word PowerPoint and Publisher.
· Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail
V. Education and Experience:
· University Degree or equivalent in Business Management Client Services Social Science or related discipline preferred.
· University degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of relevant academic qualifications and extensive progressively responsible technical experience;
A Microsoft Dynamics CRM Application and/or Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customization and Configuration Certification is an asset.
· Minimum five years of working experience in a similar capacity, including two years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity; supervisory experience; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be advantageous
Fluency in English, Pashto, and Dari (oral and written).
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae by the following e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org and by Close of Business (CoB) 17 July 2021 latest, referring to this advertisement quoting the above vacancy notice number. Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM SAP account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
To create IOM PHF, please refer below:
IOM Staff inside IOM network, please update your information in your IOM SAP account, please print and sent that to the mentioned email address along with your CV.
External candidate with no account yet in the IOM website, Click here
External candidate and already have an account, Click here
IOM Staff outside IOM network, Click here