The Opportunity (Very Attractive Packages are offered)
The Social Protection Project Director/consortium Lead will ensure the coordination and harmonization of approaches between implementing partners and Ministry of Finance, guide the overall project timely and quality implementation, back-stopping and providing technical support across the project, documentation and sharing of lessons learnt, report writing and making sure the project is implemented as per the design. The project has cash plus components and parenting skills to make the project bring sustainable change in the livelihoods of the affected people. S/he will work collaboratively to develop relevant high-quality project proposals that meet the needs of beneficiaries. The Social Protection project director must be willing to embrace a child rights programming approach and represent Save the Children in national forums, coordination units and technical working groups.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Post-graduate degree in social development; economics or a related field with additional training in social protection and project planning and management techniques.
- Knowledge of current global and regional debates on social protection and resilience.
- Recommended 10 years’ experience in social protection programming.
- Strong experience in assessment, design and implementation of cash transfer, food aid, and food voucher distribution programmes.
- Experience working closely in Social protection programs and capacity building of government departments.
- Ability to extensively travel for project monitoring and provide on-site technical support to field teams
- Ability to link micro-level impacts on children with macro trends at national and regional level.
- Strong analytic and planning skills.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels;
- Excellent writing/editing, budget development and presentation/communication skills. Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Proven representation skills.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Proven ability in working in insecure or hardship environments and to work under tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to field sites and work independently
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, require. Arabic language is an added advantage.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
Contract duration: 1-year renewable
Contract type– National/International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at .Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Z2thbWF1Ljc5OTc1LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ