The Role: Solutions Architect
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Proven ability to design end-to-end architecture solutions with strong business analysis/client-facing skills to engage a diverse stakeholder population
* Extensive experience in application development with .NET (C#) and SQL Server (or equivalent development frameworks/ languages & databases)
* Experience in developing solution architectures for Azure including Azure AD, Azure SQL and Service Fabric.
* Extensive experience in a CI / CD development environment.
* Extensive experience in architecting applications for testability, extensibility and scalability.
* Experience of configuration management / change management and the tools to support collaborative and efficient code development
* Detailed understanding of the various test phases and techniques required in order to develop and maintain new and existing code
* Demonstrable understanding of software design patterns, SOLID, TDD and OO principles
* Clear understanding of web services (REST, SOAP), SOA, CQRS, Messaging (ESB) and distributed systems
* Understanding of application lifecycle management, the value of TDD and continuous integration
* Possess a strong work ethic and take initiative and ownership to deliver business value
* Proven team leadership abilities with the ability to motivate and mobilise individuals outside their reporting line
* Good communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
* Ability to write high quality requirements / user stories when required
* Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
* The existing right to work in the UK
* Experience of working within an agile project delivery environment
* Experience in working with offshore project team members
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions
We are looking for candidates that are based in countries where Save the Children operates.
We offer this position at circa pay of 70,000 GBP per annum.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YXRtLmFzYS4xNDE1Ni4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpb…