World vision International
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position Title: Sports for Child Protection Coordinator
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
Under the direct supervision of the Child Protection Coordinator , the Sports for Child Protection Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the play space area, Syrian refugee volunteers to conduct PSS and Life skills through sports program and other activities for the children enrolled in the CP for Sports program, Sports for Child Protection Coordinator will be responsible also about planning, set up, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the sports for CP component of the CPiE program, ensuring that project activities are implemented as planned, meeting the desired objectives and goals within the designated schedule including CPiE program children and their caregivers in Azraq Camp.
Play Spaces Planning and Implementation
· Participate in the recruitment of the Volunteers (Coaches) that will be facilitating activities with children in the Play Spaces.
· Work with Play Spaces Coaches and CP Coordinator to design appropriate support services to meet the social and psychosocial indicators of the targeted beneficiaries.
· Support the Play spaces staff in the implementation of the daily, weekly activities, monitoring and supervising the progress of the work periodically.
· Assist Play spaces Coaches in solving problems arising in the Play Spaces activities- Through Implementation
· Encourage and ensure the participation of all groups of CPiE children and their caregivers.
· Ensure all activities and outputs are obtained in a timely manner, as outlined in the program timeline; keep track of timelines, outstanding tasks, and upcoming activities; identify early warning signs and assist the Play Spaces staff to develop appropriate responses.
· Follow up with Project assistant for any needed permission with SRAD and Camp Management
Capacity building and training
· Participate in the identification of capacity needs of Play Spaces staff and develop training materials and documentation required to deliver the Life skills and PSS through Sports program goals.
· Assist in the provision of appropriate training for the Play Spaces Coaches and children’s groups and caregivers on setting up and managing a Child Friendly Space, child rights, child participation, and child protection (including the Child Protection Policy).
· Work closely with Play Spaces Coaches and provide ongoing support, mentoring & Coaching techniques
Partnership and networking
· Representing WV in Azraq Camp through attending Protection, Child Protection & Youth Working group regular meetings.
· Effectively liaise, collaborate with the CP Coordinator Seeking guidance and support required for harmonized, effective and efficient coordination.
· Work effectively with Azraq Camp community and stakeholders; facilitate regular communication on the Play Spaces component implementation status/progress and challenges, if any.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
· In coordination with the CP Coordinator and MEAL team, develop clear monitoring and evaluation tools to measure the quality and impact of Life skills through sports activities implemented in Azraq Camp.
· Monitor the implementation of Play Spaces activities.
· Responsible for the oversight of the Play Spaces in Azraq Camp, ensuring that activities are monitored and delivered with a high quality by the Play Spaces Coaches and Volunteers.
· Participate in internal and external project review, evaluations (if any), using these as opportunities to elicit and document achievements, most significant changes, challenges, learning and opportunities.**
· Ensure adequate documentation of daily activities, including schedules, lesson plans and attendance records for activities received from partner organizations.**
· Identify key protection threats affecting the Play Spaces and develop mitigation measures on a regular basis to ensure the safety and security of the Play Spaces Locations.
· Work with the Play Spaces staff to identify, screen, document and report cases of children that are in need of additional assistance beyond the scope of the Play Spaces and coordinate closely with Project community Mobilizer or service providers in Azraq Camp to help refer and follow-up on all reported cases (on a case-by-case basis).
· Comply fully and ensure partner compliance with WV’s Child Protection, code of conduct & Safeguarding Policies
· Any other duties that may be assigned by the CP Program Coordinator
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE:**
- At Least 4-6 years working with INGOs
- At Least 2 Years’ experience in working directly with children and youth, experience in refugee protection and sports is desirable.
- Good understanding of Child Protection in Humanitarian Action Minimum Standards
- Good planning and coordination skills.
- Working experience within camp context
- Bachelor degree in social sciences or any related field
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement; Daily travel to Azraq Camp