The Jr SQL Server DBA is responsible for the supporting Save the Children’s SQL Server DBA in all activities related to database performance, backups and data security of all SCI data held within SQL Server instances using the follow-the-sun model.
- Bachelor’s degree in information science, computer science or similar
- Microsoft SQL Server DBA certification(s)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Significant experience of tuning and optimising high throughput workloads in enterprise grade SQL Server systems running on SQL 2008 or later
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server internals related to performance optimisation
- Excellent knowledge of backup and restore capabilities of SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of windows operating system and its relation to SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of storage devices and their relation to SQL Server
- Knowledge of network protocols and their relation to SQL Server
- Knowledge of SQL Server security model
- Experience of communicating technical issues to a multi-cultural, multi-functional audience.
- Knowledge of how SQL Server BI stack interacts with database engine instances using ETL
- Strong Knowledge of Failover cluster and Availability groups
- Strong Knowledge of Azure SQL admin and SQL server on Azure Virtual machines
- Ability to evaluate, recommend and implement timely, essential improvements to existing application services
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, with the ability to clearly communicate technical issues to a wide audience.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of SQL Server BI and ETL processes – SSAS, SSRS, SSIS
- Experience of working with globally distributed teams
- Experience of working within an NGO or not for profit organisation
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS40OTcxNy4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20