Job Title: Sr. Global Compensation Analyst
Reports to: Director II, Global Total Reward
Internal Title: Sr. Analyst
Department: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD (May be Remotely Located)
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to*save, protect, and transform* lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
CRS is an established, leading, and growing global relief and development organization with over 7,000 staff located in over 65 countries. CRS’ Human Resources Department has experienced tremendous growth, improvements, and enhancements over the past few years which our Compensation Division has played a vital role. CRS’ Global Compensation Program involves job design, job classification and alignment, as well as focusing on domestic and global compensation employee and survey market data analysis and management. The Sr. Global Compensation Analyst, designs, implements and administers the organization’s compensation programs, including expatriate pay and allowances.
- Maintaining a robust, data-driven salary structure for CRS’ staff, including clear guidance around grades, salary ranges, compa-ratios and other compensation elements and practices in line with CRS’ approach to total rewards
- Maintaining a grade structure to include agency positions, documentation, job descriptions, and databases and tables related to job titles, codes, and families.
- Evaluating and classifying positions into the existing compensation structure, by evaluating scope of responsibilities and influence
- Conducting and participating in salary surveys, interpreting market data, and performing salary analysis
- Researching, gathering, and analyzing reliable external data to make salary and job evaluation recommendations for newly created positions
- Providing backup support for Global Sr Compensation Analyst supporting 65 country programs
- Developing and maintaining clear processes and parameters related to salary adjustment and promotion requests (from managers), evaluating, and analyzing such requests and providing clear decisions and context
- Developing and implementing clear processes, parameters, and communications related to CRS’ annual performance review / merit increase cycle, in close cooperation with the HR Talent team
- Job evaluation including recommending and approving job titles, job descriptions, salary ranges and grades for incoming open positions in the recruitment process
- Providing competitive salary analysis to CRS recruiters in the salary offer stage of the recruitment process
Communication and Consulting:
- Assisting with the creation, distribution, and delivery of communications and/or training around baseline compensation policies, guidelines, and concepts; provided directly to employees and provided to managers to help them have better conversations with their employees
- With the Sr. Director of Total Rewards, determining and maintaining a compensation transparency approach, consistently providing employees and managers with access to appropriate salary information
- Establishing trust and credibility with managers and executives and providing them with timely and professional compensation-related analysis, recommendations, and general consulting services
- Collaborating with HR Business Partners to provide interpretation of agency HR/Compensation policies, practices, and guidelines
Analysis and Reporting:
- Consistently auditing/spot-checking CRS records (HRIS) to ensure the accuracy of compensation related data and changes are being processed accurately and quickly
- Preparing statistical analysis and base salary modeling
- Working with Finance to determine the financial impact of compensation plans and programs
- Preparing supporting data for the review of the US annual salary budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related field required.
- Minimum seven (7) years of global compensation experience, including experience with creating and maintaining salary structures, job evaluations, job descriptions, data acquisition and analysis, salary survey completion and analysis, and policy interpretation
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- CCP designation preferred
- Working knowledge of statistical methods, data analysis and presentation and interpreting data to recommend compensation solutions
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.