Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The State Lead will be responsible for overseeing strategic and day-to-day implementation of State activities. The State Lead will provide supervision and guidance to the technical advisors and support services personnel. He/she will work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party to ensure State implementation is closely aligned with the overall project.
Reporting & Supervision:
The State Lead will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and provide technical leadership and support for the field office.
- Provides technical leadership in the implementation of education programming, managing critical program components and service delivery, and coordinating the work of the technical team.
- Supports the development of implementation strategies and workplans, and coordinates the day-to-day management of technical staff and program implementation.
- Provides leadership and oversight of the core program functions (program design, documentation, approvals, and close-out).
- Ensures that planned program activities are included in work plans, within budget and are properly documented.
- Ensures that the technical advisors provide information for weekly, quarterly and annual program updates and reports.
- Ensures close cooperation and coordination between programs and procurement, HR, finance and administration units.
- Promotes a team approach and a learning culture across all operational support services to prioritize and ensure responsive, quality support to delivery of programs.
- Ensures the consistent implementation of the project with adherence to donor policies and procedures across all operational support services.
- Provides on-going problem-solving guidance for program staff on issues related to operational functions.
- Interacts productively and collegially with program partners and stakeholders
- Represents the project in meetings and events
- Serves as an active member of the project’s Senior Management Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, or related fields. Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ management experience, preferably with USAID-funded education project
- Demonstrated management ability with capacity to think strategically, prioritize and meet deadlines in a complex and challenging environment.
- Strong diplomacy skills; ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with partners, donors and other stakeholders in a sensitive environment.