Purpose of the function
- To design and support implementation of educational and capacity development trajectories for the establishment of language-rich learning environments that are context-specific for Vietnam
- To coach the VVOB Vietnam content team to acquire a deep understanding of language development and early literacy approaches – capacitating them to be drivers of change in relation with local government partners
- To harvest evidence of successful capacity development and contribute to VVOB’s body of knowledge on emergent literacy
If you’re our Strategic Education Advisor, your workweek at the office will include the following highlights:
- You will have a meeting with officials of the ministry departments on ECE, Teacher Professional Development to discuss the integration of language-rich learning environments in the ECE system.
- You have an online meeting with technical VVOB staff from other country offices and head-office who have experience on similar programmes.
- You urgently need to work with colleagues on the procurement and distribution plans for the learning materials that need to be in the schools (some of them very remote) before the training trajectories start. With two months to go there is no time to lose!
- You have a meeting with the M&E advisor to agree how to collect the evidence of the changes and their impact. You may use that information to amend the programme implementation plan in order to deal with some delays.
- You finalise the annual progress report that needs to be submitted to the donor by the end of the month.
- You have a workshop with a communication agency to develop the outline and key messages for the outreach component of the programme.
- You advise colleagues who will join an emergency meeting with ministry partners to reschedule the upcoming teacher trainings due to new training guidelines issued by the ministry of education.
- You have a call with colleagues in South Africa and at head office to prepare a presentation at an international conference.
How to apply
Your motivation letter and a detailed CV are expected no later than August 18th. Please use the webform to apply for this vacancy: https://www.vvob.org/en/werken/ind/education-advisor-vvob-vietnam
Shortlisted candidates will take a written test, go through an interview process and an assessment, before a final offer.