Position Title : Stream Lead of Technical Integration and Data Management
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 24 August 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- External female candidates:
- Candidate from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states of IOM and female candidates.
IOM is undertaking an institutional review of key business processes under the Internal Governance Framework (IGF) initiative. The IGF outlines the essential requirements for a modern and fit-for-purpose internal governance system that maintains and facilitates key organizational strengths while simultaneously improving the quality of IOM’s overall functioning. Through the application of the IGF, IOM seeks to improve efficiency, effectiveness, agility, consistency, accountability and transparency across IOM, through, inter alia, streamlining processes, differentiating controls according to risk levels and employing digitization and automation where appropriate.
Driven by and under the ‘umbrella’ of the IGF, IOM is also in the process of undertaking a Business Transformation (the “BT”) which consists of digitizing and transforming key business processes as well as an upgrade of IOM’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution and the implementation of related enterprise technologies.
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Business Transformation and in close coordination with the Director, ICT/Chief Information Officer, the ERP Delivery Manager, the BT Project Management Office (PMO) and the Business and Integration Lead, the Technical and Integration Lead will be responsible for integration architecture design, test, and implementation; supporting the Data Migration stream by advising on PRISM (SAP) source data structures, customizations, cleansing and extraction and providing support as needed; provide PRISM “as-is” guidance on business rules and data customizations to the functional Stream Leads as needed; and define the future reporting architecture with respect to reporting and analytics scope within the future ERP and CRM solutions, and defining the interfaces required from those systems and the data model changes to IOM’s existing enterprise reporting infrastructure. The incumbent will also oversee the consultants and contractors performing the Data Migration activities for the BT.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Develop, in close coordination with the ICT Division designate(s) and BT Project leadership, the overall Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) strategy for IOM, with a direct emphasis on the defining needs of delivering the BT Project. This responsibility shall include needs identification and documentation, market research, and providing the information required to conduct the product selection and acquisition process.
- Identify all current integration dependencies between PRISM, PRIMA, BEACON, MIMOSA, Treasury, myIOM, and external data providers, applications, reporting environments, and any other interdependencies including but not limited to PRISM customizations. Develop and maintain a roadmap to guide the transition to the new CRM and ERP solutions and ensure business continuity at cutover to the new solutions, including new integration requirements as well as integrations that will become obsolete with the new solutions.
- Develop and maintain all functional requirements, technical design documentation, integration test scenarios and scripts, and operations documentation (e.g., SOPs) required to execute and operate this integration plan fully, focused on the BT-related scope but in conjunction with ICT and the overall enterprise solution.
- Define integration requirements as well as other changes required to systems interdependent with the overall BT solutions, including programmatic solutions; coordinate and track all activities to ensure the readiness of all interdependent systems. Engage with independent system stakeholders to explain change impact and reach agreement with the required changes and transition plans.
- Manage the technical consultants and/or contractor resources responsible for realizing the
EAI and interdependent solutions.
- Develop the detailed BT Integration project plan in coordination with the BT Team and the support of the PMO and provide weekly updates on task completion status and other standard reporting activities set by the PMO.
Data Migration Oversight and Support
- Provide oversight and direction to the team of consultants, contractors and internal resources performing tasks related to the Data Migration work stream and coordinate plan design and progress reporting with the PMO.
- Provide advice on PRISM (SAP) source data cleansing activities and extraction, providing support to these efforts as needed, ensuring that the Data Migration team fully understands the nature of PRISM source data including customizations, extensions, and where data might have a different meaning that the source tables and fields in which it is stored.
- Provide advice and support to the resources preparing the to-be transformations and loading to the new solutions, ensuring that their understanding of the source data is correct.
- Provide advice and support to the resources preparing the archiving of data that will not be migrated into the new solution(s), including the impact analysis and instantiation of the mapping from as-is to to-be transformations.
Reporting Architecture and Solution Design
- Based on a detailed analysis of the selected future solutions, define the future reporting architecture with respect to reporting and analytics scope within the future ERP and CRM solutions (scope within each system the responsibility of the respective business Stream Leads and Business and Integration Manager).
- In conjunction with ICT Reporting leadership and team, define the interfaces required from the future systems and the data model changes to IOM’s existing reporting infrastructure to ensure a holistic reporting environment to support cross-system analytics and multi-stakeholder and external reporting such as to donors, UN Info, IATI, among others.
- Ensure that the requirements for the future reporting structure are realized through the EAI and Data Migration responsibilities of this position.
Business Stream Support
- Based on expert knowledge of PRISM configurations, customizations, and custom modules, provide information to the business streams to ensure any legacy customization requirements not rationalized away in the to-be solution are identified and accounted for in the to-be solution requirements and design.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or,
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• At least s even years progressive technical and functional experience working on ERP systems, preferably SAP ECC;
• Experience performing integration work between SAP and external systems and data sources;
• Experience working with SAP reporting technologies (BW, BO) and other reporting technologies;
• First-hand experience with an ERP solution is required; comprehensive knowledge of multiple ERP modules (HR, Finance, Procurement) would be a very strong advantage ;
• At least seven years of work experience with a large organization, preferably in the public sector and/or within the UN system.
• Knowledge of core ERP Financials and HRM modules;
• Knowledge of IPSAS and public sector procurement standards;
• Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with internal technical and business stakeholders;
• Knowledge of SAP ECC and related technologies;
• Ability to coordinate a team comprising internal resources, consultants and system integrators (contractors).
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.International Organization for Migration
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.p
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 24 August 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 28.07.2021 to 24.08.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2021 173 Stream Lead of Technical Integration and Data Management (P4) Geneva, Switzerland (56396894) Released
Posting: Posting NC56396895 (56396895) Released
Page 6 I 6