Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Supply Chain Lead at any existing Save the Children office location.
Reports to: Head of EHU Operations. Technical dotted line to Head of Humanitarian Supply Chain.
Staff reporting to this post: 1
Direct: Humanitarian Supply Chain Manager (Specialist in Emergency procurement EHU)
Indirect : Technical dotted line to Supply Chain Managers, Medical Logistics Co-ordinators.
Budget Responsibilities: NA
Role Dimensions: This role will provide strategic supply chain leadership to the Emergency Health Unit, ensuring operations are delivered in line with SCI supply chain policies and procedures. This role will provide Supply Chain expertise and leadership to the deployment of one of the three PHT modules (primary health clinic; diarrheal disease module; mass vaccination) and Field Hospital, with particular focus on the appropriate preparedness and prioritisation of the Supply Chain set-up. The Supply Chain Lead will provide guidance and task mangament oversight of the EHU Supply Chain Managers and Medical Logistics Coordinators. The role will also engage closely with SCI Central Humanitarian Supply Chain Team as well as regional and country Supply Chain focal points.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Significant experience with international NGOs in humanitarian supply chain in emergency contexts and operations
- Significant experience on health programming requiring medical supply chain management, including: drugs and cold chain management; healthcare waste management
- Ability to ingest, interpret and leverage global policies from a variety of sources (finance, awards, compliance, legal, operational) and succinctly summarise and adapt them.
- Experienced and proficient in writing clear and targeted reports, critiques and evidence-based analyses to a variety of audiences
- Good understanding of donor rules in relation to this role, with a particular focus on DFID, ECHO, USAID, OFDA
- An excellent record keeper who keeps information up to date; understanding principles of data management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Desirable: Experience of humanitarian operations or programme management
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ei5sb3VyZW5jby44OTY5OS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY…