Title: Sustainability and Systems Director
Reports To: Chief of Party
The Sustainability and Systems Director, is to collaborate with the federal and state level government and partners and provide overall technical direction of health systems strengthening and sustainability strategies as well as interventions at the State, LGA, and community levels to result in sustainable government-led greater access, quality and use of priority HIV/AIDS and TB services and lead to improved health outcomes.
- In collaboration with project staff and key federal, state and local government, private organizations and community stakeholders, take lead in the development of RISE project strategy and implementation plan for health systems strengthening.
- Build functional collaboration with the line Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) to ensure on-going health reforms are translated into state and local governments systems and plans.
- Lead project effort to support government-lead health and HIV/AIDS financing mechanisms.
- Working with the Abuja project staff and State Teams, build the capacity of state and local government HIV/AIDS management structures in leadership and management for a coordinated HIV/AIDS response
- With support from Project State Teams, assist the state and local governments through participatory methodologies to develop a shared vision and renew their commitment for control of HIV/AIDS.
- Provide oversight over an integrated HIV/AIDS and TB M&E system that generates information for evidence-based decision-making, planning and policy formulation.
- Work with the project Supply Chain management team and the FMOH to assist federal, state and local governments forecast, budget and manage HIV/AIDS commodity supply system for eventual government ownership.
- Champion the building and management of partnerships with government and the private sector
- Post-graduate degree in public health, health planning, health economics or a health related field with extensive field experience managing programs in the developing world.
- At least 9 years’ experience working at a senior level on health systems strengthening including health planning, health financing, human resources for health, and decentralization of health services in a public or private organization. Nigerian Ministry of Health or West African country experience is preferred.
- Significant involvement in health sector reform activities is desirable
- Substantial experience and demonstrated success in designing, implementing and managing complex health project in developing countries.
- Experience working with PEPFAR and USAID-funded HIV/AIDS projects is highly desirable.
- Excellent facilitation skills’ supporting decentralized entities to translate policies into strategic plans for implementation is a must.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified consultants should apply using this link: https://jobs-jhpiego.icims.com/jobs/4613/sustainability-%26-systems-director/job
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Wednesday 1st June 2022
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org