COOPI is looking for a Protection Project Manager in Syria
COOPI has been active with its humanitarian action in Syria (Damascus) since 2016 and it’s currently implementing the following programs: Food Security and Livelihood, WaSH and Protection in South and North Syria and funded by different donors (UNHCR, OCHA and AICS).
Protection Project Manager (PM) provides leadership and strategic contribution to COOPI’s protection program in Syria, under the supervision and in close collaboration with the Protection Program Manager and Country Representative. PM is responsible and direct manages Protection project, and support implementation of other protection projects, if needed. PM reports directly to the Protection Program Manager and Country Representative at mission level. PM line manages and supervises the Protection Project Officers related to the project.
- directly manage Protection funded project in Syria and contributes to the implementation of protection program;
- Activity planning and management in compliance with the contracts signed with the donors and with COOPI and the donor’s procedures.
- Administrative and financial management and regularly monitoring of expenditures. Supervision accounting and the project cash safe/bank account management. Ensures the organization and donor’s procedures respect when purchasing goods and services;
- Ensures the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of all financial and narrative reports. PM is also responsible for the preparation of all formal communication and contract modifications requests (ex. budget modification) of the managed/supervised projects;
- PM is responsible for the initial and continuous training of the local staff under his/her responsibility;
- assure correct management of all goods purchased for the projects, both directly and purchased by other offices/field offices. For all goods purchased by the project, PM updates the inventory, in cooperation with the Administrative staff;
- writes and prepares all necessary documents to present new projects, in accordance with the organization’s processes and procedures, to new and current donors;
Contribute to the protection program strategy and its implementation
- Contribute to the design, development and update of the protection program strategy under supervision of the Country Representative and in coordination with the Program Manager
- Ensure COOPI’s intervention in Syria are in compliance with COOPI and Sector protection principles, standards and global guidelines
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders and representing COOPI at relevant meetings (e.g. meetings with local partner, sector-coordination etc.) in order to facilitate and ensure cooperation and partnerships;
- Ensure information-sharing with donors, Sectors and Local partner;
- Contribute to the identification of potential funding opportunities, being responsible of proposals writing and supporting the project team for proposals writing to address the identified needs;
- Contribute to and coordinating project and program assessments;
- Coordinate the overall implementation and development of project with the protection program
- Ensure objectives and results are met within the required time frame and budget and according to COOPI and donors’ procedures
- Ensure and supervise the overall planning and follow-up of technical reporting for donors, authorities and internal requirements in coordination with the support departments;
- Ensure synergy among Project and Program and Support Office staff;
- Ensure the implementation of recommendations resulting from internal audit, experts’ field visits, HQ advisors, Program Manager, Country and Regional team, etc.
- Pilote the internal quality control, by promoting monitoring mechanisms, facilitating internal control and external evaluations in coordination with Program Manager and HoM.
Education / Experiences
- Advanced degree in Social subjects or related field or equivalent work.
- Min. 4 years experience in the humanitarian field as protection project or programme manager or in a similar position;
- Demonstrated experience in protection or related field in fragile context, including assistance to IDPs, refugees and returnee’s;
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management;
- Experience in remote management of team;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Previous experience in similar contexts is an asset;
- Knowledge of arabic;
- Previous experience in UNHCR, ECHO, OCHA projects management is an asset;
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter – https://www.coopi.org/it/posizione-lavorativa.html?id=4311&ln=