Vital Strategies, headquartered in New York City, is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury, and death. With a budget of more than $150M, a growing team of more than 400, we currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making in government, advancing evidence-based public health policies, and mounting strategic communication campaigns.
Because of our comprehensive approach, and a steadfast commitment to quality programs, we are growing! Vital Strategies’ priorities are driven by the greatest potential to improve and save lives. They include non-communicable disease prevention, cardiovascular health promotion, tobacco control, road safety, obesity prevention, epidemic prevention, overdose prevention, environmental health, vital statistics systems building and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis treatment research. Our programs are primarily concentrated in low-and middle-income countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the Pacific; the Overdose Prevention Program is our first initiative in the U.S.
Vital Strategies offers highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. Vital welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment. The salary range for this position is $61K-70K.
About the Talent Acquisition Team:
Vital Strategies (‘Vital’) is going through an exciting period of growth and evolution and the Talent Acquisition team plays a critical role in identifying world-class talent who can tackle the most pressing global health challenges to save lives. A dynamic, fun, service-oriented group of individuals, the busy Talent Acquisition team partners with internal stakeholders to lead seamless, candidate-centered, inclusive, and transparent searches. If you have a passion for talent acquisition and want to be a part of scaling global public health programs and operations around the world, contributing to the mission of Vital Strategies, this is the team for you!
About the Position:
As Talent Acquisition Coordinator you will be responsible for ensuring a well-organized, efficient, and positive experience for candidates, recruiters, and hiring teams. Using your strong customer service and people skills, keen eye for detail, appreciation for efficient processes, and spirit of customer service and collaboration, you will coordinate Vital’s high-volume, end-to-end recruitment cycle. Based in New York City, the Talent Acquisition Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring a well-organized, efficient, and positive experience for candidates, recruiters, and hiring teams.
Reporting directly to the Director, Talent Acquisition and Management and working closely with the Senior Talent Manager, hiring managers, and other key stakeholders in the acquisition process, you will be integral to creating a best-in-class candidate experience and keeping all the trains moving on time across talent acquisition, recruitment operations, and pre-boarding activities.
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator will also work on talent acquisition initiatives and projects, and this role will provide you with many opportunities to help structure and support the best possible talent acquisition experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Talent Acquisition Operations and Coordination –
- Liaise with recruiters and hiring managers to help ensure an organized, equitable, and inclusive talent acquisition process and a streamlined and positive candidate experience.
- Serve as administrator and point-person for Vital’s Applicant Tracking System, Taleo, and other core recruitment tools (ie: Monday.com, Recruiting Dash, DocuSign, Talent Center, etc.); troubleshoot technology issues and explore new features and tools to optimize recruitment functions; stay up to date with tech upgrades and help the team adapt to them.
- Ensure timely and accurate posting of requisitions to internal/external websites and job boards; coordinate additional job advertising as requested; serve as point-person and administrator for job board vendor relationships
- Assist in the scheduling (at times high volume) of interview panels across multiple time zones; hosting candidates when on-site; coordinate administration of any recruitment assessments as requested;
- Provide follow-up correspondence to candidates on application status via phone and email; filter issues to the appropriate party.
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in the recruitment cycle and proactively provide actionable technology or process improvement solutions.
- Continuously research and identify new sector and functionally-specific candidate sources.
- Liaise with global HR and Operations to help harmonize talent acquisition processes across global offices.
- Coordinate with recruiters and managers to maintain accurate records of job status and facilitate a weekly recruitment operation meeting to review req statuses.
- Help design and administer Vital’s Talent Acquisition Hiring Manager and Candidate Surveys and report on results.
- Maintain recruitment metrics and ensure that all data relevant to our recruitment processes is up to date & clean so reporting is accurate; assist with reports on talent metrics and data visualization.
- Assist with written communications, training materials, and the design of other recruitment collateral, as needed.
- Process invoices and expenses for Talent Acquisition team.
- Support pre-boarding coordination working closely with Hiring Managers, Talent Acquisition Partners, Operations and Talent Management.
- Accurately prepare Employment Agreements and administer background checks
- Send welcome emails and new hire communications.
- Manage pre-onboarding process to ensure that the new hire receive and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Propose and implement enhancements to the pre-boarding process
Additional projects and responsibilities, as needed.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Talent Acquisition support function. International development experience a plus.
- The ability to prioritize responsibilities and manage multiple concurrent projects, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to navigate ambiguity and prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete assignment when faced with many deadlines and competing requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and service-oriented with the ability to build rapport quickly with employees, stakeholders, candidates, and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- You have a demonstrated ability to be shift in the face of changing environments, and are persistent in the face of obstacles
- You are innately curious with an aptitude to learn quickly both informally (on-the-job) and through formal training
- Experience in handling confidential and/or sensitive materials and records with a high degree of integrity and discretion. Use discretion and strong judgment skills to protect confidential or sensitive information
- Experience with research/sourcing tools such as LinkedIn and other technical forums.
- A high level of problem-solving ability with the ability to resolve day to day issues that may arise during the recruitment process.
- Experience working with Taleo, ADP and Netsuite, a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- The ability to sit/stand at computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the day
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via the Vital Strategies Career page on our website. This position will remain open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application link: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=VITASTRA&cws=37&rid=403