Maximum Level of Effort: LTTA
Base of Operations: Tunis, Tunisia
position reports to: Senior Accountant
The USAID Libya Taqarib / Local Governance and Civil Society (LGCS) Activity will support the foundation of a more unified Libyan state by prioritizing local-level activities that foster stability and accountable governance while reinforcing positive linkages among the national government, subnational government administration, and citizens. LGCS works to increase the Libyan Government’s ability to deliver essential services and promote stability. It seeks to help citizens engage in public dialogue, prioritize resources, and develop initiatives to hold government accountable. To achieve these goals, LGCS will center its activities around four objectives:
- Strengthen the capacity of targeted municipal institutions to deliver services and be more responsive to citizen needs
- Empower Libyan citizens, civil society organizations, private sector, and other stakeholders with the skills and capability to advocate for government institutions to deliver on their mandates.
- Encourage coherence of national and subnational government policy, systems, and coordination through pilots advancing targeted policy reform. Strengthen national and subnational decentralization policies, systems, and, and coordination
- Inform Programming through a robust learning and analysis agenda
The Accountant will work closely with the project finance team and play a pivotal role in assuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. The Accountant will provide accounting and financial analysis support to the project offices and will ensure submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines. This position will ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
· In coordination with Senior Accountant, prepare vendor and payroll tax forms
· Prepare and submit monthly reconciliation reports for review (if Applicable).
· Prepare and record all the USD transactions in FAS (Vendors + payroll)
· Preparation of payroll for Libya local staff, coordinate with HR and Finance Specialist and ensure all time sheets are approved and all required document are attached.
· Saving all USD payment vouchers in the P-DRIVE, ensure all required approval and review are documented.
· Make sure to attach all documents on the payment request on TAMIS including the procurement documents to the vouchers before approving the payment.
· Follow up with the Ops/Proc team for any missing document/info required to process payment
· Monitor and report on partner/vendor payment schedules and obligations
· Assist in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirements (if applicable)
· Ensure backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines
· Verify vendor invoices for accuracy.
· Ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments.
· Support preparation of monthly bank reconciliations if needed.
· Compile backup documentation for all project related transactions, ensure completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented, mark payment requests as “paid,” and uploads the backup documents in DAI archiving systems.
· Maintain file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation.
· At least 5 years of relevant professional experience. Progressively responsible experience in finance and accounting preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
· Experience with USAID preferred. Experience with international donor-funded projects also an advantage.
- Experience with enterprise accounting software, and Microsoft office suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontract agreements, etc.)
· Oral and written fluency in English, and Arabic. French skills also an advantage.
Location and Reporting:
The Accountant will be based in Tunis, Tunisia and will closely work with the Finance Director and Sr. Accountant.
How to apply
How to Apply?
Interested applicants to submit CV and cover letter to Libya@dai.com with email subject title “Accountant-Tunis”.