You will provide technical advice, guidance, and support to a wide range of program design and implementation issues with a focus on larger projects in the area of Youth/Gender in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to regional and Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your technical knowledge, advice and guidance will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ Youth/Gender programming is across the globe.
Req. Languages – Ability to work in French and English
Travel -. The position is an int’l telecommuter position and can be based anywhere however the position does require travel to countries in Southern Africa as needed and could be up to 30% and will include travel to CRS HQ in Baltimore for coordination meetings when COVID allows.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Master’s Degree in Int’l Development or related Social Sciences required (or equivalent).
- Minimum of five years relevant international working experience in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an int’l NGO, with minimum of three years working for programming interventions in Youth/Gender.( e.g gender equality and female/girls empowerment)
- Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in Youth/Gender, in particular youth livelihoods, financial inclusion and gender. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience in supporting business development activities, contributing to successful proposals for external donor funding, including technical writing, project design, donor relations and networking.
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge management and transfer, coordination of learning platforms, mentoring and coaching of field-based staff, and applying adult learning principles
- Experience in development of tools, technical guidance documents, data collection and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
- Ability to represent CRS organization at the highest levels at meetings with donors, government, int’l NGOs, local partners – faith-based and civil society. Understanding of partnership principles and approaches is key.
- Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in Youth/Gender. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
Continuous Improvement & Innovation
Accountability & Stewardship
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
*Note:* All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.