Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. (OSC) seeks well-qualified applicants for a technical consultant
position for a strengthening watershed and irrigation management project in Afghanistan.
The technical consultant will be responsible for collecting agricultural productivity and/or water management data as well as participating in developing research instruments, draft reporting writing, and POC between GIRoA, local officials, and communities.
This person must demonstrate professional excellence in their technical areas of expertise, excellent writing ability, fluency in English, effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to resolve work issues with senior country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff. They must have experience in relevant technical, management, administrative, and capacity-building experience in developing countries.
● At least 5 years of experience implementing development projects in agriculture or natural resource management.
● At least a Bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics, water resource management, or related field.
● Afghan national with good communication, reading comprehension and writing ability in English, Pashto, and Dari.
● Demonstrated expertise and experience in social science research, including mixed methods and notably quantitative and qualitative primary data collection methods
● Have excellent research and report writing skills
● Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and work within timelines
● Familiarity with USAID policies relating to evaluation and performance management
● Experience conducting watershed and irrigation evaluations in specified target countries
● Have a good knowledge of data collection software (such as Kobo, SMAP) and statistical packages (such as SPSS)
How to apply
For consideration, please email resume/CV and cover letter via email (email@example.com) using the subject line: Technical Consultant. OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting, and retaining the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.