BACKGROUND OF THE PROGRAM
Coalitions for Change (CfC) is a program under the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and The Asia Foundation Partnership in the Philippines.
In its second phase (2018-2022), CfC supports Philippine leaders in civil society, academe, the private sector, and government who pursue policy reforms to support inclusive economic growth, social development, governance, and peace towards improving the lives of Filipinos. The program also provides training and mentoring to equip leaders to better pursue policy reforms.
Designed to be an adaptive and responsive program, CfC’s support to Philippine leaders and organizations has helped introduce transformative policy reforms that bring positive outcomes for Filipinos in the broad areas of economic growth, social development, and governance.
BACKGROUND OF THE ASSIGNMENT – IMPROVING MOBILITY (ECONOMIC REFORM TEAM)
Transportation plays a critical role in developing economies towards achieving a more inclusive and sustainable growth. The Philippine transport sector consistently ranks poorly and has continued to worsen in the last five years. If left unresolved, this can translate to billions of pesos in lost productivity, reduced regional competitiveness, less foreign direct investments, and declining tourism as infrastructure declines further.
The challenge is to transition to a more people-centered system of moving people. Part of that challenge is to shift focus from private transportation towards public and active transportation, such as walking and biking.
In order to address this, CfC is working on several policy reforms to establish a new public transportation system and promote active transportation as safe alternative modes of transportation. Integral to CfC’s work is close collaboration with formal and informal coalitions, composed of health and budget advocates, persons with disabilities, youth and labor advocates, and government agencies who actively advocate for safe, more humane, and more inclusive public transportation in the Philippines.
CfC is seeking to hire the following consultancy positions:
- One (1) Project Coordinator
- Two (2) Technical Experts
- One (1) Project Assistant
SECTOR: MOBILITY | POSITION 2: TECHNICAL EXPERT
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the CfC Economic Reform team, its network, and partner-coalition.
- With team, develop and pursue technically sound and politically feasible policies to improve public transportation as identified by CfC and its partners.
- Lead technical work on policy papers, briefers, presentations, and other reference materials.
- Contribute to team discussions and strategy planning.
- Attend meetings with transportation stakeholders to determine feasible schemes for improving public transport.
- Identify possible entry points to introduce reform agenda through relevant government officials, legislators, and stakeholders.
- Assist in liaising with active mobility and transport coalitions, advocacy groups, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g Political Science, Public Administration, Development Studies, Economics etc.) Master’s degree in the field of Urban Planning, Economics, Social Science or Public Management is desirable.
- At least two (2) years professional experience in policy research and development particularly on mobility and transport
- Familiarity with local government urban transportation policies context, processes, and programming. Membership or involvement in mobility and transport coalition or advocacy group is desirable.
- Background and experience in dealing with partners and other actors on the ground is desirable.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in both English and Filipino
- Working knowledge of research methods and techniques
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize data.
- Ability to self-direct, balance competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working in adaptive programs and development entrepreneurship would be an advantage.
- All positions are part-time / intermittent engagement for 6-12 months.
How to apply
Interested applicants should accomplish and send their TAF application form (https://bit.ly/3bi3xEx) and updated Resume to email@example.com on or before 31 May 2021.
Please use email subject: Job Application[SURNAME][SECTOR]_[POSITION].
Sample: Job Application_ARAGON_INCLUSIVE EDUCATION_TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.