Title: Technical Officer Gender
Reports to: State team lead
The Gender Technical Officer will work closely with the Gender Technical Advisor to implement Jhpiego-Nigeria’s gender inclusiveness strategy and gender related programs. Specifically, S/he will work with the RISE project team to ensure that RISE-Nigeria provides comprehensive and age-appropriate clinical post-GBV care that meets expressed needs of survivors including GBV prevention and male engagement activities where necessary.
· Provide technical support on the implementation of PEPFAR priorities for gender equality and GBV programming on RISE project.
· Work with project teams to strengthen gender components of training, job aids and reporting or data collection tools at all levels
· Mentor and work with state teams to integrate gender strategies into their work, supporting Jhpiego gender equality interventions.
· Work with monitoring and evaluation teams to analyze and report on indicators measuring the outcomes and impact of interventions.
· Conduct supportive supervision to ensure that Jhpiego’s gender equality targets are being achieved across the states where projects are being implemented.
· Document processes and outcomes for integrating gender into programs
· Write periodic technical papers and donor reports on specific projects
· Present and share lessons, best practices and successes related to addressing gender equality on Jhpiego programs
· Maximize opportunities for increasing Jhpiego Nigeria’s gender equality portfolio of work and support new business development initiatives including resource mobilization and proposal writing.
· Provide administrative support on a range of activities implemented by the gender team, liaising with administrative, financial and procurement teams to ensure smooth implementation of activities.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Gender Equality.
· Bachelor’s degree in public health, social sciences or a related field with 3+ years’ experience. Master’s degree in relevant field is desirable.
· Prior experience working in the field of gender related projects with strong technical capacity and practical experience in designing and implementing gender sensitive development programs
· Strong understanding of inclusion and mainstreaming issues and approaches
· Experience in working with high level counterparts and engaging with Government officials and other development partners.
· Previous work experience working in an iNGO / USAID funded projects is considered as advantage.
· Strong analytical skills, with the ability to deal with project implementation; Sound and proven management skills and ability to work inclusively and collaboratively.
· Excellent group facilitation, multi-stakeholder consultation, and strategic planning skills
· Strong writing skills, both for technical and program reports.
· Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in cross-cultural teams and under tight deadlines
· Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
· Strong knowledge of gender and global development issues, preferably with understanding of USAID and PEPFAR’s approach to gender quality and gender-based violence.
· Able to undertake frequent travel.
· A personal commitment to gender equality
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Problem solving ability. Quick learner with practical, precise approach.
· Good team player
· Planning skills
· Plenty of initiative and can work unsupervised
· Knowledge of geography
· Good communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to use spreadsheets and databases.
· Writing skills
· Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
· Respectful, accountable, honest.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com using “Technical Officer Gender “ as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Wednesday 1st September 2021
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org