CALL FOR APPLICATIONS –INTRODUCING NEW TOOLS PROJECT (iNTP) TECHNICAL OFFICERS **
1-NCR; 1-Luzon; 1-Visayas; 1-Mindanao
FHI360 Philippines (www.fhi360.org) is in search of candidates for iNTP Technical Officer position to
join the USAID-funded “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” project in the Philippines
under a Fixed Term Contract from 05 July to 31 December 2021 subject to extension after successful
evaluation of performance.
The “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” (TBIHSS) project is a 5-year USAID funded activity that aims to strengthen national and regional level implementation of the National TB Strategic Plan by providing state-of-the-art capacity building and technical expertise to scale-up TB and DR-TB prevention, detection and treatment. Meanwhile, the iNTP (Introducing New Tools Project)- a joint initiative of STOP-TB and USAID, will be implemented in the Philippines through TBIHSS to programmatically embed innovative tools throughout the cascade of care (i.e., screening, diagnosis, treatment and prevention). Aligned with country’s strategic plan to End-TB, this activity will implement proven approaches to improve TB prevention, increase TB case detection rates, decrease default rates, and increase TB treatment success rates and TB cure rates.
Reporting to the Implementation Manager, the Technical Officer will provide technical assistance, guidance and support to IHSS project technical team on the regional, provincial and facility levels. Supervise, coach and support the regional field team. Collect, compiles and analyzes information relevant to the project’s activities and interventions. Provide programmatic and administrative support to project’s activities planning, management and evaluation at the regional and site levels. Liaise with different partners and counterparts to identify barriers, challenges and potentials that could inform and shape different project’s activities. Ensure compliance with internal and external regulations. Develops/reviews work plans, reports and prepares presentations, to support project’s objectives and deliverables in close collaboration with different regional partners and counterparts. S/he will be based in the TB Innovations Office but will cover one (1) of the following island group: NCR, Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao to work directly with the respective regional field team.
- Oversees and represents the project in coordination with the Project Management Team.
- Ensures integrity of the design and implementation of the project’s activities in assigned area.
- Supports his/her regional team in implementing the project’s planned activities.
- Provides support to the project management teams, administratively and technically, to troubleshooting operational barriers, update work plans, coordinate field-based events and monitor activities’ outcomes.
- Provides technical inputs to projects, including monitoring and evaluation.
- Works with PMT on developing budgets, proposals, project materials, and information for the region/sites.
- Provides timely and high-quality work plans with programmatic, financial, technical reports.
- In close coordination with PMT, develops and reviews briefing papers, press releases, and presentations as necessary.
- Documents and shares project accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned among internal and external partners in the region.
- Develops and maintains relationships serving as the liaison for internal units, (PMT), as well as government officials, local communities, and other organizations in the region.
- Explore the opportunities to network with relevant local partners, including private sector and media that can support and maximize the impacts of the project’s activities.
- Represents the project in matters pertaining to the execution of the project in the region.
- Perform other related work that may be assigned to support the project’s overall objectives and activities
- Knowledge of TB/DR-TB situation in the Philippines.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with project management,
- Strong knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with project design and management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of local language will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Works on problems of complex scope that require evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions. Networks with key internal and external personnel.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with stakeholders and colleagues.
- Experience liaising with community and organizational leaders, donors, government officials, and representatives from other organizations.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically at least 80%.
· Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent, Public Health and/or other health related fields or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in project design and implementation.**
- At least 3 years working in health development sector assisting non-government organization (NGO) or public-sector.
- Experience in TB/DR-TB programming and prior Regional experience is strongly desired.
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Philippines, implementing partners, other USAID partners, and regional/local government counterparts is strongly desired.
- Significant program management experience and a publication track record is desirable.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package,
professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our
global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply
Send letter of intent and updated CV/resume directly to FHI360 Career Site and/or email@example.com in single pdf file with deadline of submission on July 05, 2021** following the heading format in the subject title/line indicating your preferred place of assignment as seen below. Shortlisted candidates will be notified for the next screening process.
FHI360-TBIHSS-Position Applied For -Last Name of Applicant
Example: FHI360-TBIHSS**-**Technical Officer for Luzon-**C**ruz