Title: Technical Officer PrEP
Reports to: State Team Lead
The Technical Officer-PrEP will serve as the State focal person to scale up oral PrEP services at the state, LGA, and Site levels. The incumbent will provide technical assistance and support to the state, LGA, and facilities and will also work closely with State leadership of the STL, Prevention Officer and technically with the PrEP-CECAP Advisor in Country office..
The Technical Officer (PrEP) will:
· Demonstrate experience providing capacity building assistance at Facility, Community and State levels.
· Demonstrate in-depth understanding of SMOH organizational structure and the Nigerian healthcare system.
· Increase the awareness of PrEP to high-risk individuals in the Facility and community.
· Develop and expand capacity of Healthcare Workers on PrEP.
· Provide basic linkage-to-care and patient navigation for individuals seeking PrEP as a part of combination prevention Strategies.
· Organize, promote and facilitate Quality Improvements (QI) on PrEP activities and research.
· Work with individuals to assess needs, develop care plans and coordinate PrEP-related services through advocacy, education, support, empowerment and coaching.
· Collect and evaluate reports from clients to ensure access to PrEP and follow-through with service provision.
· Ensure the Mentoring and distribution of PrEP- IEC materials.
· Develop and distribute a survey tool for use in HIV Testing to identify those at high risk for HIV and more likely to benefit from PrEP.
· Liaise with State Supply chain unit to ensure PrEP Stock availability and re-distribution with demands and Saturation.
· Promote and participate in related community and health events/outreaches as needed.
· Develop close working relationships with State, Facility and Community leadership to ensure coordination of PrEP services.
· Liaise with RISE supported CSOs in improving demand in PrEP Services
· Perform any other duties assigned
· First Degree in Medical or Nursing Sciences (MPH or Related Advanced degree will be an added advantage.)
· 3-5 years of professional experience in an integrated HIV Care and treatment, PMTCT, Prevention Programming.
· Experience in the health sector and knowledge of HIV programming strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated experience training clinical or community-based healthcare workers on PrEP and other HIV prevention areas.
· Demonstrated coaching skills, with an ability to inspire, influence and motivate teams
· Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, including presentations
· Experience in similar role will be an added advantage.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills; able to develop strong relationships across functions, abilities and work levels.
· Familiarity with MOH and USAID’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems, PEPFAR experience highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience working in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
· Experience in Prevention, Care and Treatment Service, preferably in an NGO setting.
· Expertise in research to practice—identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
· Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadline, and intense pressure to perform.
· With strong results-oriented and decision-making skills.
· Problem solving ability. Quick learner with practical, precise approach.
· Good team leader.
· Good initiative and can work unsupervised.
· Knowledge of geography.
· Good communication skills.
· Attention to detail. Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite.
· Respectful, accountable, honest.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using “ Technical Officer PrEP” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Wednesday 1st September 2021
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· Female applicants and qualified
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org