Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Technical Specialist – WASH, The role holder will provide overall technical support to all projects related to WASH in Kenya, both in emergencies and development with particular emphasis on drought related responses. The Technical specialist will play a leading role in capacity building of Area WASH mangers, coordinators, officers and other teams in addition to support to partners, consortium members and other local actors in Kenya in the areas of WASH. The TS will also play a pivotal role in providing adequate technical monitoring support to the Area/operations teams to ensure technical quality throughout the project implementation cycle. She/he will work with other members in programme development and quality (PDQ) and Area teams to promote and disseminate good practices and lessons learned in technical aspects in projects internally and support Area teams in area level advocacy on WASH.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in public health/civil engineering or a related field. Appropriate training and solid experience in WASH related programmes including in emergency context is needed if the qualification is not public health.
- Knowledge of current global and regional public health debates in WASH promotion and WASH for health and nutrition
- Recommended minimum of seven years of relevant technical experience including three years at senior level
- Proven skills and experience in undertaking assessments and designing/writing quality technical proposals in the sector
- Proven experience in programme development, project cycle management and monitoring and evaluation related to the sector including writing up high quality project/donor reports.
- Proven experience of developing and managing high quality, innovative and cost-effective technical WASH projects in fragile and insecure environments, preferably in Kenya context and with International NGOs
- Proven experience and skills in advocacy and building work relationships with local/national governments and influencing institutional, private and/or corporate donors
- Solid experience and excellent skills in capacity building of systems, staff, partners and other actors related to WASH
- Ability to extensively travel for project monitoring and provide on-site technical support to field teams
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Willingness to be deployed part or full time in to emergency response as per need and as directed
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uODA0OTIuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t