The purpose of this consultancy is to support the work of the Global Health Cluster COVID-19 Task Team to strengthen the coordination and effectiveness of Health Cluster preparedness and response through harmonized efforts to identify and promote minimum standard, practical solutions to technical and operational challenges to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 amongst vulnerable populations affected by humanitarian crises.
Specific objectives of consultancy Under the supervision of the Global Health Cluster Focal Point for the GHC COVID-19 Task Team the consultant will work in close collaboration with GHC Unit, GHC COVID 19 Task Team, and other external subject matter experts to undertake the following activities:
- Support the implementation of studies to be conducted in the GHC COVID-19 Task Team Workplan
- Oversee the development of two lessons learned studies to be implemented by providers
- Selection and hiring of provider, completion of inception phase (finalising methodology) and initiation of data collations
- Supporting the formation of steering groups for each study to contribute and input into study roll out
- Provide technical input and support to remaining studies being implemented by providers
2.Conduct expert led thematic webinars on key areas of COVID-19 response as identified by health clusters to strengthen peer to peer / cluster to cluster learning
- Using findings from already implemented survey develop series of thematic webinars for country level health clusters
- Coordinate and engage with experts to lead webinars
- Write brief summary report of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) emerging from each thematic webinar to be made available on GHC COVID-19 webpage
- Support tracking of COVID-19 vaccination in humanitarian settings, reflecting current status, challenges faced
- Quality check and review reports and live dashboard tracking COVID-19 vaccination in humanitarian settings generated by GHC COVID-19 Task Team Information Management Officer.
- Support in the collation of primary and secondary information from health clusters or partners where needed.
- Respond to emerging challenges or gaps in guidance identified by country health clusters and /or the GHC COVID-19 Task Team
- Support regular reviews with health clusters and GHC COVID-19 Task Team members to determine any gaps in guidance, key messages and advocacy messages that need developing
- Contribute or lead in the development of any tools, advocacy, key messages as needed
- Support overall GHC COVID-19 Task Team functioning
- Assist task team meetings, contribute to report writing e.g. for GHC Strategic Advisory Group etc.
- Contribute and present internal briefing materials e.g. to senior leadership and public facing reports as needed
- Two lesson learning studies initiated, with steering groups established, inception phase completed, and data collation started
- Minimum 2 expert led thematic webinars conducted with accompanying FAQs produced
- Information to be published on live dashboard tracking vaccination in humanitarian settings reviewed and quality checked
- Report tracking COVID-19 vaccination in humanitarian settings produced, quality checked and disseminated every two weeks
- Key messages, tools, advocacy documents developed with key stakeholders for use at country level as needed
- Information and briefing materials produced**
The timeline of these Terms of Reference is 1**3 September 2021 to mid-March 2022**. Any adjustment of this arrangement or establishment of a new agreement with different responsibilities and/or administrative arrangements, may be sought beyond the above period by WHO depending on performance and evolution of the Global Health Cluster program of work, in prior agreement with the Global Health Cluster Coordinator.
- Advanced university degree in public health.
- At least 7 years’ experience in public health response in humanitarian settings
- Knowledge of IASC protocols and guidelines, tools and policies and current COVID-19 guidance,
- Previous experience of the cluster approach & demonstrated understanding of the health cluster at global and country level.
- Proven experience of managing or conducting qualitative research studies or evaluations
- Proven experience in writing guidance, tools and medical protocols or advocacy messages for individual agency or public
- Experience of working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Fluent English
- Medical or nursing degree
- Training in disaster management.
- Experience with WHO, UN Agencies or NGOs
- Arabic, French or Spanish language skills
This is a home-based assignment
How to apply
To apply please send the following by 8 August 2021
** to firstname.lastname@example.org
- letter of interest, highlighting examples of successful undertaking of similar work
- curriculum vitae