Macfadden, a PAE company is seeking a Training Coordinator to support USAID’s Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance. This position supports the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance’s (DCHA), Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA).
The HPGE Division serves as the principal focal point for humanitarian policy development, engagement, and institutional relationships with international organizations and other donor governments. As one of the core teams in the HPGE Division, the Global Capacity and Leadership Development (GCLD)Team focuses on trainings for different parts of the USG Interagency, specifically related to OFDA’s role in humanitarian assistance and disaster response. The GCLD Team is responsible for developing and maintaining humanitarian assistance specific courses, as well as tailoring them for different audiences across the interagency.
The Training Coordinator position serves as an integral part of the GCLD Team. The position provides support to the GCLD Team by providing administrative and logistical support for all course design and delivery.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manage the coordination of all interagency trainings by sending training invitations, maintaining enrollment rosters, sending registration confirmation emails, scheduling guest speakers, ensuring USAID and OFDA messaging is consistent across the set of multi-media training materials such as PowerPoint presentations and videos, and setting up and breaking down training spaces.
- Prepare and assemble interagency training materials to include printing, collation, and lamination of training materials, participant binders, case studies, manipulatives and all other materials for all interagency trainings throughout the year.
- Manage and operate event management software. Maintain contact databases and ensure they are current. Conceive and implement automated methods (e.g., mail merge, templates, etc.) to streamline repetitive processes.
- Manage inventory of and maintain adequate stocks of training materials, tracking required supplies and requesting new procurements as needed.
- Serve as main liaison for training sites and other host venues. Coordinate and schedule training support required from other office members, including with OFDA’s Information Technology (IT) team to ensure that all technical elements of the training (e.g. slides, video, VTC, etc.) are set up for delivery during trainings.
- Coordinate logistics and ensure transport of all needed materials for interagency trainings.
- Collate feedback from interagency training evaluations, creating analytical documents reflecting feedback and archiving evaluations for posterity.
- Maintain interagency training course calendar in collaboration with GCLD Team.
- Manage interagency training team’s electronic (server and online) files and update database/historical record of all courses.
- Maintain a working understanding of the USG interagency, humanitarian policy issues, OFDA’s coordination responsibilities, and response operations that contribute to OFDA’s training strategy for external partners.
- Work effectively as a team member with the GCLD Team, other members of the HPGE Division, and the broader office.
- Build solid cross-functional relationships and maintain internal and external OFDA relationships.
- Draft and implement plans and timelines of major activities that must take place to host the various humanitarian training courses, e.g. registration, printing materials, IT support, etc.
- Support other GCLD Team members in analyzing training needs and requirements to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Support course design from inception to final product of external training courses, specifically applying the principles of adult learning design for both synchronous and asynchronous (e.g. on line courses) learning.
- Assist in planning, developing, and providing training using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, online platforms, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or with significant study in, or pertinent to, the specialized field (including, but not limited to, international relations, history, economics, management, business, administration, political science, and disaster management or a related field) with 8 years of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree with significant study in, or pertinent to, the specialized field (including, but not limited to, international relations, history, economics, management, business, administration, political science, and disaster management or a related field) with 6 years of relevant experience
- Progressively responsible experience with organizing, scheduling, coordinating and managing training courses or other events/meetings, especially in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment that requires attention to details and executive-level customer service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication, problem solving and customer services skills required in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency required to include strong applied knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills.
Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government issued Secret clearance for the duration of your employment. One of the requirements for a US Government Secret clearance is US citizenship. Only applicants who currently hold an active Secret or higher-level security clearance or who are eligible to receive a Secret security clearance will be considered for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.