The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
At present, it is seeking exceptional firm/individual to conduct the short-term training on “Gender & Health and Gender & Education” in its Kabul office.
AKF Afghanistan has launched its first Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment strategy 2021-2025 in early 2021 aiming to a) Strengthen integration of gender equality considerations across AKF (Afg) thematic areas, in line with AKF’s National Program Framework for Afghanistan and its commitments on gender equality and women’s empowerment. b) To enable and empower all staff, local partners, and community structures to take on the responsibility to mainstream gender concerns in their work, thus establishing AKF as a leader in women’s empowerment and gender equality in Afghanistan; and c) To create an enabling organizational environment for gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace.
To support implementation of strategic objectives 1 & 2, It is important to build capacity of AKF(A) staff on sector specific programming from gender equality and women’s empowerment lens to design and implement gender responsive and gender sensitive program across AKF(A). Therefore, Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE) unit planning to conduct a five-day training on introduction to Gender and Health and Gender and Education for GEWE team and GEWE strategy technical working group members from Kabul and regional offices. The training will enable the team to gain knowledge and understanding around gender and health and gender and education and skills to design and implement gender sensitive and gender responsive health and education programming.
To enhance knowledge and understanding of AKF(A) staffs (GEWE team and GEWE strategy Technical Working group members) from Kabul and Regional offices on Gender and Heath and Gender and Education programming and help them to design and implement gender sensitive and gender responsive health and education program.
3. Main duties and responsibilities
A. Responsibilities of Consultant
- Lead and facilitate training preparation and conduction.
- Develop two training manuals on gender and Health and gender and Education.
- Prepare training handouts including presentations, agenda, and training pre and post assessment and training certificate for participants.
- Deliver a five-day training for AKF(A) staff based on schedule/timeline mentioned in this ToR.
- Prepare and submit a detailed training report along with training photos and registration form to AKF(A).
B. Responsibilities of AKF(A)
- Invite training participants and make sure their presence in training days.
- Provide training logistics such as food & refreshment, transportation, accommodation, stationary etc.
- Provide venue for the training.
- Support trainer in reviewing of training manual, materials, and training report.
- Provide facilities for trainer including food, refreshment, accommodation, transportation/flight ticket (if needed), and COVID-19 test (if needed) during his/her contract with AKF(A).
4. Qualifications Required
- The trainer should have master’s degree in gender and development studies or in a related field.
- Be a certified trainer from a reputed organization.
- Have experience of providing similar training or background in gender and health and gender and education programming.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Trainer with understanding of local language will be preferred.
- Be familiar with Afghanistan’s context and gender dynamics in the country.
- Develop two training manuals on gender and health and gender and education subject.
- Prepare training handouts, presentation, agenda, pre and post training assessment and certificate for participants.
- Deliver a five-day training (35 hours) for AKF(A) staff.
- Provide a comprehensive report of training.
6. Reporting line
AKF(A) National Manager, Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment.
7. Work Location(s)
8. Schedule (Including number assignment days in Afghanistan, total assignment days, total payable days)
The total assignment days/payable days will be eighteen (18) days.
- Training preparation: Eight days (This includes self-isolation period, if needed).
- Training days: Five days.
- Travel days (if needed): Two days.
- Report preparation and submission: Three days
The training expected to be held in mid-August or early September 2021.
9. Terms of Payment
All payment will be done after successful completion of assignment deliverables and approval of training manuals and report.
10. Additional significant information
Interested candidates are required to submit the following documents.
- Application form and CV of trainer.
- Technical and financial proposal for the training: including the proposed contents/layout. for mentioned training, training methodology, time, Trainer’s fee etc.
- Evidence of previous similar work (training report and manual).
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their Proposal to Jobs.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11th July 2021. Please contact Ms. Zarmina Rasouli at Zarmina.Rasouli@akdn.org if you need further clarifications or any query no later than 05th July 2021.
- Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
- Please submit a copy of business license along with the proposal.
- Only short-listed Firms will be contacted for further assessment.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.