COOPI is looking for a Country Representative and Programme Developer in Tunisia and Libya
In Tunisia, COOPI is officially registered and recognized by the local authorities. Since 2017, COOPI has been conducting several assessments and is about to submit a few proposals to possible donors to be able to be fully operative on the field.
COOPI’s mandate in Tunisia is to contribute to empowering the economical and social development of the country, social cohesion and education with focus to vulnerable regions, integration of vulnerable groups and youth through access to work and reinforcement of small and medium enterprises. COOPI delivers its activities in deep cooperation with the civil society and with the Tunisian institutions. In Tunisia, COOPI needs to finalize the work done so far regarding the institutional registration and to go on building new project proposals.
With reference to Libya, COOPI has conducted a few assessments to open the mission and has recently started working to be officially recognized by the local institutions.
Purpose of the role
The collaborator will be in charge of two main objectives:
- to represent COOPI in Tunisia and progressively build its development and humanitarian programme in country;
- to contribute at opening COOPI’s mission in Libya starting from finalizing the institutional registration.
All the tasks to be implemented in coordination with the HQ Area Manager.
- Representing COOPI with local institutions, stakeholders, possible donors and international and local partners (Tunisia and Libya);
- Carrying on the procedures for COOPI to be officially registered and recognized by the local authorities (Libya);
- Building new partnerships both institutional and operative (Tunisia and Libya).
- Building new project proposals (Tunisia and Libya), by collecting data and assessing needs, gaps, geographical areas, sectors, security level and accessibility: into details, the aim is to refine the current project proposal in Tunisia and to build new ones in both Tunisia and Libya;
- If any opportunity available, project writing and submission (Tunisia and Libya), from identification, assessmet, budget definition, tailoring to fit donors’ guidelines and supporting the submission.
Security and Logistics assessment
- Assessing and constantly monitoring the security situation;
- Contributing to have a clear picture of the financial and logistics means needed for COOPI to be operative in country (Tunisia and Libya).
- Finalizing the procedures for COOPI to fully accomplish the local institutions requirements (e.g. possible reports and procedures to fiscal, security, labour departments) (Tunisia);
- Reporting to local institution and stakeholders;
- Proper coordinating and internal reporting to COOPI’s HQ.
- At least 3 years of relevant field experience in humanitarian, early recovery or development programs;
- Previous experience in the country or in a similar region in terms of culture and social context;
- Sound knowledge of international donors in humanitarian and development contexts;
- Languages: English and French (excellent level written and spoken);
- Excellent communication, reporting and writing skills;
- Ability to manage a high workload and to meet tight deadlines;
- Proactive attitude in terms of planning and coordination with different actors, partners and institutions;
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking capacity;
- Adequate resilience to stress, positive thinking and solution-oriented.
- Languages: Italian and Arabic;
- Working experience in both or one of the countries in scope;
- Similar working experience;
- Resident in Tunis and/or autonomous at arranging his/her personal logistics.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.